Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Blind astonishment
#1

I was reminded today....as if I would forget beloved.....that it is our wedding anniversary next Monday.

This in itself is not astonishing but the fact that we have been married for seventeen years certainly is. How on earth did I manage that? I think three years was the record before that and even that was strung out a bit before the inevitable happened.

Clearly it's not a matter of my incompatibility and demands so it must be me that has become a saint and willing to overlook those unfortunate traits that make our better halves so endearing Tappingfoot
[+] 1 member Likes Gordon Steadman's post
Quote
#2

Congratulations. Cheerleaderkid

26 years for me. I don't know how she's put up with me for so long.
[+] 2 members Like JasonB's post
Quote
#3

40 in November Ambulance Ambulance Ambulance
[+] 3 members Like Anthony B's post
Quote
#4

I understand, Gordon, about overlooking the idiosyncracies. It sure helps to smooth the path.

Third time around for me and nearly the longest too......I am lucky as she handles my bad mouth, my temper, my laziness and my selfishness quite well....as I do hers.

We do have our other sides to our personalities though.

We are the same star sign, not that I put much import on that but some say it is a factor.

Maintaining an active interest in slotcars and a meaningful relationship with a member of the opposite sex is not an easy task....I am painfully aware of that.

Carry on...
[+] 1 member Likes munter's post
Quote
#5

(8th-May-19, 08:05 PM)munter Wrote:  Maintaining an active interest in slotcars and a meaningful relationship with a member of the opposite sex is not an easy task....I am painfully aware of that.

Carry on...

Fortunately, Ronnie has her own interests. She plays bowls and is learning the saxophone and the clarinet. Our hobbies keep us out of each other's hair for quite a bit of time. Perhaps this helps Beer
[+] 1 member Likes Gordon Steadman's post
Quote
#6

I'm on my 4 the marriage , I think I am totally misunderstood !!!! Still this one is now 11 years ,so I don't think this one will end Heart Pat's hobbies are reading and gardening ,mine are getting in her way and agreeing  Rofl  I do like cooking and slot cars and cutting the grass .We have never celebrated our anniversary or valentine's so only a birthday to remember .

Steve
[+] 1 member Likes Fluff's post
Quote
#7
Wink 

40 for us next month.

I do as I am told! Bigsmile Bigsmile Bigsmile
[+] 2 members Like Lloyd.L's post
Quote
#8

(8th-May-19, 08:29 PM)Fluff Wrote:  I'm on my 4 the marriage , I think I am totally misunderstood !!!! Still this one is now 11 years ,so I don't think this one will end Heart Pat's hobbies are reading and gardening ,mine are getting in her way and agreeing  Rofl  I do like cooking and slot cars and cutting the grass .We have never celebrated our anniversary or valentine's so only a birthday to remember .

Steve

Only two marriages but there have been others set ups. Up until now, we have never bothered with anniversaries either. Nor do we bother with birthdays, christmas or valentines. Just another day as far as we are concerned.

However, I was so shocked to realise the enormity of my crimes against lothariohood that I muttered something about a restaurant and so that's what we are doing this year. Fortunately, the place we are going is the best place in this part of France and they do Banoffee Pie like no other!
[+] 2 members Like Gordon Steadman's post
Quote
#9

Banofee pie - oh dear lord Bigsmile Bigsmile Bigsmile
Quote
#10

If the dear lord hadn't intended us to be less than stick like........
Quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)