Posts: 22
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 29 in 14 posts
Likes Given: 22
Joined: Nov 2020
Location WhiteRoseCounty
As anyone got / use the spark plug Dongle are they any good as the promo video says. Can you attach one in each of the two lane ports of powerbaces .
Graham.
[hr]
Graham.
My Instagram page for Scalextric
@severncrescentracing
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
I reviewed
here on SlotRacer back in April. I liked it - and the app has been updated since then with more features.
Yes, you plug it in to a current powerbase (with the rectangular plugs & sockets) to replace a controller. You can use a Spark Plug in one lane and a standard controller in the other. You can also plug them into the old ARC One powerbase and have both Spark Plug and the ARC app running - but you'd need three smart devices for that to work for two Smart Plugs and ARC.
•
Posts: 22
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 29 in 14 posts
Likes Given: 22
Joined: Nov 2020
Location WhiteRoseCounty
(8th-Dec-20, 07:57 PM)woodcote Wrote: I reviewed here on SlotRacer back in April. I liked it - and the app has been updated since then with more features.
Yes, you plug it in to a current powerbase (with the rectangular plugs & sockets) to replace a controller. You can use a Spark Plug in one lane and a standard controller in the other. You can also plug them into the old ARC One powerbase and have both Spark Plug and the ARC app running - but you'd need three smart devices for that to work for two Smart Plugs and ARC.
Thank you Woodcaote might splash out on a pair of them.
Graham.
[hr]
Graham.
My Instagram page for Scalextric
@severncrescentracing
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
If you don't have the powerbase, Jadlam do a bundle of 2 x Spark Plugs, powerbase and power supply for £29.99
here.
Posts: 22
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 29 in 14 posts
Likes Given: 22
Joined: Nov 2020
Location WhiteRoseCounty
(8th-Dec-20, 08:30 PM)woodcote Wrote: If you don't have the powerbase, Jadlam do a bundle of 2 x Spark Plugs, powerbase and power supply for £29.99 here.
Thank you.
Graham.
[hr]
Graham.
My Instagram page for Scalextric
@severncrescentracing
Posts: 456
Threads: 35
Likes Received: 202 in 130 posts
Likes Given: 534
Joined: Apr 2019
I am a child... I giggle when I hear the word "dongle"
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello Graham,
If you get these, it would be great to get your feedback.
I see the portable device "controller" as the only way that the slot-car hobby can stay relevant to future generations. I bought the Spark-Plugs to try them out personally and then pass on to my great-nephews. Sadlly great-nephews have shown little interest in the Micro Scalextric set that they have so I am still at phase one. Part of the problem is that the kids are too young to have their own portable devices so perhaps in a few years.
For me switching from traditional controllers was a bit challenging but once I had run a few laps I was able to get decent lap times. The only snag that I found is that if I had to put a car back in its slot I would inevitably rotate my phone/tablet so that when resumed driving, the screen would be the wrong way around.
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 22
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 29 in 14 posts
Likes Given: 22
Joined: Nov 2020
Location WhiteRoseCounty
(9th-Dec-20, 02:58 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote: Hello Graham,
If you get these, it would be great to get your feedback.
I see the portable device "controller" as the only way that the slot-car hobby can stay relevant to future generations. I bought the Spark-Plugs to try them out personally and then pass on to my great-nephews. Sadlly great-nephews have shown little interest in the Micro Scalextric set that they have so I am still at phase one. Part of the problem is that the kids are too young to have their own portable devices so perhaps in a few years.
For me switching from traditional controllers was a bit challenging but once I had run a few laps I was able to get decent lap times. The only snag that I found is that if I had to put a car back in its slot I would inevitably rotate my phone/tablet so that when resumed driving, the screen would be the wrong way around.
I plan to aquire a pair of the Spark Plugs and I will give feedback from my exspirance of them. Also more than likely I will be going digital at some stage , will the Spark Plugs still work in the digital format.
Graham.
[hr]
Graham.
My Instagram page for Scalextric
@severncrescentracing
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
I don't think so. The dongles plug directly into an analogue powerbase. Might work in Analogue mode of SSD but the physical connection would need to be arranged.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 22
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 29 in 14 posts
Likes Given: 22
Joined: Nov 2020
Location WhiteRoseCounty
(9th-Dec-20, 08:44 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote: I don't think so. The dongles plug directly into an analogue powerbase. Might work in Analogue mode of SSD but the physical connection would need to be arranged.
Leo
Thank you for that, it was that i just thought about weather it would be compatible in digital mode. But i still plan to aquire them.
Graham.
[hr]
Graham.
My Instagram page for Scalextric
@severncrescentracing
•