20th-Sep-20, 10:43 PM
Triumph TR4A
Lovely build. It amazes me how an airfix model can be made into a slot car.
But as a Triumph rivet counter, I need to raise the matter of the colour...
(I hope you wouldn't want it any other way!)
But as a Triumph rivet counter, I need to raise the matter of the colour...
(I hope you wouldn't want it any other way!)
I love puttering with gears
21st-Sep-20, 10:04 AM
I never understood why there was never a 1/24 scale model of the TR4...
21st-Sep-20, 12:57 PM
Hi Dvd3500. There are a ton of 1/24 or 1/25 static bodies around to make into slot cars, and almost nothing in 1/32. 3D printing will save us both one day when the resolution gets better.
Thank you very kindly Jeremy.
I chose the colour because I like it. It makes the car look like "eye candy" to me. I won't paint a car a colour I don't like because someone else prefers it. Somehow that simply doesn't make sense to me.
The car was offered in various different colours. None being better than the other. I'll let everyone else argue about which is the best colour to choose from the factory. I won't need to chime in on that conversation.
Speaking of paint. This is one of my better paint jobs from a rattle can. You can almost read the reflection of the sticker inside the light fixture on the second photo. Practice makes perfect.
Thank you very kindly Jeremy.
I chose the colour because I like it. It makes the car look like "eye candy" to me. I won't paint a car a colour I don't like because someone else prefers it. Somehow that simply doesn't make sense to me.
The car was offered in various different colours. None being better than the other. I'll let everyone else argue about which is the best colour to choose from the factory. I won't need to chime in on that conversation.
Speaking of paint. This is one of my better paint jobs from a rattle can. You can almost read the reflection of the sticker inside the light fixture on the second photo. Practice makes perfect.
21st-Sep-20, 01:28 PM
Absolutely not questioning your scratch-building skills, and a quality paint finish!
I love puttering with gears
21st-Sep-20, 01:36 PM
Hi Jeremy,
I humbly apologize if that came across as harsh. It wasn't meant to be. The written word can be misinterpreted without a tone of voice.
I know the purests are a tough crowd and I understand. I'll wince if I see a Camaro painted purple.
I humbly apologize if that came across as harsh. It wasn't meant to be. The written word can be misinterpreted without a tone of voice.
I know the purests are a tough crowd and I understand. I'll wince if I see a Camaro painted purple.
21st-Sep-20, 01:51 PM
Thank you very kindly, Jason.
21st-Sep-20, 02:20 PM
I have never seen a 1/24 or 1/24 TR4. TR3, yes, Tr2, yes, but no TR6 or TR4....
3D printing will, maybe some day be the thing but I have not seen it...
The Airfix TR4 is very common in 1/32 .
I am not saying yours is boring or common or anything.
On the contrary, very well done sir!
3D printing will, maybe some day be the thing but I have not seen it...
The Airfix TR4 is very common in 1/32 .
I am not saying yours is boring or common or anything.
On the contrary, very well done sir!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)