25th-Mar-22, 11:15 AM
I like a well filled wheel arch, but that Cobra is taking that to the extreme. Presumable the production model will not have tyre visible when viewed from above?
I love puttering with gears
(25th-Mar-22, 11:15 AM)BARacer Wrote: I like a well filled wheel arch, but that Cobra is taking that to the extreme. Presumable the production model will not have tyre visible when viewed from above?
(25th-Mar-22, 11:41 AM)rallyhub Wrote: On the real car the rims are wider than the tyres (contact surface with the road).
On the Scalextric design the tyres are wider than the rims.
Why this difference? Maybe more grip?
Hub
(29th-Apr-22, 10:41 AM)Savage GT Wrote: GRRRRR !
They are doing it again, I bought the Barracuda back when it was released, and once again awaiting its next livery for my racing pair.
I was hoping it would be out in the next batch coming in, seems not.![]()
Same issue we had with the Capri's first release.
Then there is the Rover. Yep, I want one. I suspect it will be superior handling to the Capri etc, as its (IRL) a wider car.
If to scale, it will be 4mm wider than the Capri.
So I will need a another racing livery, and following current form, that'll be around a year away
(29th-Apr-22, 12:02 PM)GOGS Wrote: Totally having the same thought but projected to to receiving Collard Hot Rod (sometime maybe) what do i match it against, Scalextric seem to focus on the one, whereas for instance I've got two different liveried SCX Hyundai I20 WRX released at the same time.I reckon they have George Polleys Anglia in the wings ready for next year, it makes sense.
(29th-Apr-22, 02:07 PM)Qman Wrote:You're fingers crossed right but there's about 10 'well known' alternative Escorts, most obviously Barry Lee that would use the same tooling.(29th-Apr-22, 12:02 PM)GOGS Wrote: Totally having the same thought but projected to to receiving Collard Hot Rod (sometime maybe) what do i match it against, Scalextric seem to focus on the one, whereas for instance I've got two different liveried SCX Hyundai I20 WRX released at the same time.I reckon they have George Polleys Anglia in the wings ready for next year, it makes sense.