12th-Mar-21, 07:32 PM
The story really starts in late 1960 when Ferrari started design on his first rear engined car. He really resisted doing this as he did not like copying others ideas, which actually started with his resistance to disc brakes in '58. Thus the build of his iconic 156 series got off the ground slowly. But once he got going, the version of his first series of the 156, the Sharknose has become iconic of that era. This car ran through 61 and 62.
In 1963 he set about redesiging a new car but was still known as the 156 - after size of the motor displacement 1.5 liters and 6 cylinders.
My fist Scalextric set came with the Sharknose and the Lotus 18/20.
This is a Scalextric 156 I have with a front swivel guide - later version made in France.
However the subsequent years are the subject of this diatribe.
The body is made by John Warren from a master by Dave Wisdom. I mistakenly called it a 156 Aero, however that version succeded the first version called 156-63.
1963 was an average year for Ferrari coming in 4th with John Surtees in the standings for the year. Jim Clark was the runaway winner in the lotus 25.
I added suspension both front and back. I used Pendles F1 chassiswith the rear gearbox, as this is the only chassis (so far) that I have found that fits thses narrow F1 cars. I will try the Penelope Pitlane slim chassis, when I have organise dhow to get them here without the current Post Office charges.
A grouping of my current 156 and 158 series.
Above: top to Bottom: Airfix modified 156 sharknose, Ferrari 156/63, and Modified Monogram 158/64.
The next installment will be a Dave Jones body of the 156 Aero :
In 1963 he set about redesiging a new car but was still known as the 156 - after size of the motor displacement 1.5 liters and 6 cylinders.
My fist Scalextric set came with the Sharknose and the Lotus 18/20.
This is a Scalextric 156 I have with a front swivel guide - later version made in France.
However the subsequent years are the subject of this diatribe.
The body is made by John Warren from a master by Dave Wisdom. I mistakenly called it a 156 Aero, however that version succeded the first version called 156-63.
1963 was an average year for Ferrari coming in 4th with John Surtees in the standings for the year. Jim Clark was the runaway winner in the lotus 25.
I added suspension both front and back. I used Pendles F1 chassiswith the rear gearbox, as this is the only chassis (so far) that I have found that fits thses narrow F1 cars. I will try the Penelope Pitlane slim chassis, when I have organise dhow to get them here without the current Post Office charges.
A grouping of my current 156 and 158 series.
Above: top to Bottom: Airfix modified 156 sharknose, Ferrari 156/63, and Modified Monogram 158/64.
The next installment will be a Dave Jones body of the 156 Aero :

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)