Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
The image is a jpg on my hard drive.
I have tried copying and pasting, sharing via google drive, using the 'insert image' option...
All I get is the filename in the message, or a little generic picture 'blob' icon.
Only asking because I receive messages with photos so I know it must be possible!
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Hi Jeremy,
Maybe there's a size limit. Did you try reducing the photo?
•
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
I have also been unable to do it. As far as I am aware it is not possible to add a photo from your hard drive, only from a web link using the 'insert image' button. I have checked in admin and can find no setting that would enable me to add the facility either.
(This post was last modified: 16th-Dec-20, 12:46 PM by
CMOTD.)
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
As Brian said, it's not possible to add attachments to messages, so the only way to add an image is to upload it to an image host and add the address using the insert image button.
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Ok, thanks for all the responses.
I love puttering with gears
•