Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Hi anybody got any ideas where I can get a couple of old school motor/ axle brackets in the UK please ,or if anyone has a spare I can purchase
Steve
•
Posts: 984
Threads: 112
Likes Received: 1,307 in 493 posts
Likes Given: 1,247
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Cambridgeshire
Hi Steve,
Would AB Slotsport be of any use ? seems they have some near the bottom of this page …
Link Clicky
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Hi,Tel thanks they look promising
Steve
•
Posts: 388
Threads: 43
Likes Received: 957 in 299 posts
Likes Given: 1
Joined: Aug 2019
Location Toronto, Canada
(10th-May-20, 05:20 PM)Fluff Wrote: Hi anybody got any ideas where I can get a couple of old school motor/ axle brackets in the UK please ,or if anyone has a spare I can purchase
Steve
Hi Steve, When you say "old school" are you planning on using these brackets with 16/26/36D etc. type motors ??.............all of the brackets Andy has listed (while definitely nice) have hole patterns for the more modern "FK" motors.
Cheers
Chris Walker
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Hi Chris , thanks for that I am hoping to use an FK motor and get that and the bracket from SCD but that is proving difficult . I don't think they do stuff on line it seems to be all done on the phone .
Steve
•
Posts: 304
Threads: 17
Likes Received: 368 in 158 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Apr 2019
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Hi John , that's neat ,your own design ?
Steve
•
Posts: 304
Threads: 17
Likes Received: 368 in 158 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Apr 2019
Hi Steve,
I had some made to my specs.
They are a 1mm panel steel with a galv finish so solder really well.
I have only a few on offer as my man in the sheetmetal workshop has moved on and my stocks are limited.
I probably would have made an offset version as well but it didn't happen.
If you cannot get anything closer to home I can help you. These are 4.00GBP each plus 10.00shipping
ps I have two other designs for FF050 motors...short and 1.0mm offset
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Cheers John , I'll see what I can get in the UK ,but thanks for the offer .
Stay safe , Steve
•