28th-Jan-20, 10:52 PM
On another site, a slot car fan "ChrisH" posted a note about using 5,400 rpm motors to slow down slot-cars. The motors are available via Ebay sellers and I got a bunch via the linky below. Turned out great and the motor drives my test car at about a quarter of the speed of a normal Scalextric Mabuchi S-can.
I tested one in my 1:32 Range Rover that sits on a Tamiya Mini 4WD chassis that has gearing of approximately 34 to 1. I have used this a few times as a camera car as it runs very slowly. With the new motor it goes very very very very slowly and has enough torque to run at a crawl.
Video available below showing it starting off at about half-throttle on 12 volts and then on full throttle. I added some music part way through to prevent it getting too boring though!
Ebay Linky
Leo
https://youtu.be/MLO4fBQ5Waw
[url=https://youtu.be/MLO4fBQ5Waw][/url]
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/MLO4fBQ5Waw [/video]
I tested one in my 1:32 Range Rover that sits on a Tamiya Mini 4WD chassis that has gearing of approximately 34 to 1. I have used this a few times as a camera car as it runs very slowly. With the new motor it goes very very very very slowly and has enough torque to run at a crawl.
Video available below showing it starting off at about half-throttle on 12 volts and then on full throttle. I added some music part way through to prevent it getting too boring though!
Ebay Linky
Leo
https://youtu.be/MLO4fBQ5Waw
[url=https://youtu.be/MLO4fBQ5Waw][/url]
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/MLO4fBQ5Waw [/video]

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)