Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Just back from Asda. I spotted a special offer at the end of one of the kitchen stuff aisles and immediately thought - "Project Boxes".
Label says "10 food storers" (sic) and the cost for the bunch of 10 is 2 GB Pounds.
They are not the highest quality but seem durable enough and they are stack-able so one can literally stack up the projects.
Usable size approx 145mm long, 100mm wide and 45mm high, therefore will accommodate a 1:32 bodyshell and chassis along with bits and bobs.
At clubs where food is a priority, they could also hold biscuits or sandwiches.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
They look just like the ones I get from our local super market.
The advantage is that they come filled with Tiramisu!
I have a few
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Nice find.
The 1 litre ice cream tubs are quite handy too.
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
^^^^
I would have to admit that the Wall's Cornish tubs are my favourite (!) although the tampo printing hampers the visibilty.
Pre-packed Tiramisu ? - how gauche!
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(4th-Dec-19, 01:27 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote: ^^^^
Pre-packed Tiramisu ? - how gauche!
Yeah I know.
There are times when even the biggest self sufficiency people like to slum. My problem is that when I make anything, it always turns out to be enough for ten and there are just the two of us and Ronnie is savoury against my sweet. She doesn't mind helping a bit but, even I can only eat so much. The freezer is jam packed as it is so, I do indulge occasionally - as in quite often, as a peek into the track room would confirm
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Enough Tiramisu for ten doesn't necessarily sound like a bad thing.
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
OK Steve what does the outside of your house look like? Are there queues of cars passing by slowly to gasp in awe?
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Hi Leo,no no stream's of car passing by ,we live in a Cul de sac , will post a photo on Ho Ho Ho . I do use old Tupperware boxes , chocolate boxes , sweet tins etc to keep project in ,only trouble with that ,once they're off the bench I don't do anything to them for ages
All the best Steve
•