18th-Nov-19, 06:13 PM
Have been meaning to mention this item for a while.
It is a dispenser for "Dotliner Glue Tape" and I use it when I want to stick things like registration plates onto cars. Reg plates usually have a thickness so printing onto paper gives better a more realistic result than using decal sheet. I spotted the Pentel branded unit whilst in a Post Office queue about two years ago but have never been able to source any more so ended up buying the Kokuyo branded version via Ebay. The glue is formed in small dots and is applied by running the dispenser over the back of the item to be stuck such that the dots get transferred onto the item. Tape is 7mm wide so applying to anything of a smaller width means that it is best to apply using a backing surface that you don't mind getting glue on (eg the rest of piece of paper). The dots are very lightly coloured, I don't know why as the colour does not show through paper. I guess that these are primarily intended for gluing paper but I have used to stick down trackside figures as well. Seems very durable although I don't know how well it will handle global warming.
In the photo below, the reg plate is paper whereas the logo script is a decal.
It is a dispenser for "Dotliner Glue Tape" and I use it when I want to stick things like registration plates onto cars. Reg plates usually have a thickness so printing onto paper gives better a more realistic result than using decal sheet. I spotted the Pentel branded unit whilst in a Post Office queue about two years ago but have never been able to source any more so ended up buying the Kokuyo branded version via Ebay. The glue is formed in small dots and is applied by running the dispenser over the back of the item to be stuck such that the dots get transferred onto the item. Tape is 7mm wide so applying to anything of a smaller width means that it is best to apply using a backing surface that you don't mind getting glue on (eg the rest of piece of paper). The dots are very lightly coloured, I don't know why as the colour does not show through paper. I guess that these are primarily intended for gluing paper but I have used to stick down trackside figures as well. Seems very durable although I don't know how well it will handle global warming.
In the photo below, the reg plate is paper whereas the logo script is a decal.
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)