26th-Feb-24, 04:32 PM
First post, thx . . . Is this even possible that they manufactured the left side of this new pit track too short.
Has anyone ever experienced this?
If I tighten the left side then the gap opens up on the right side.
It could also be the short pieces that fill in the lane along the side of the pit track one might have been cut to long?
First pic is the one side. And 2nd pic is the other side of the two pit lanes.
I'll have to take some finer measurments of each of the track sections in question.
This side of the set up is all a straight run after the curve.
Update: today I held all the 3 inch wide pieces togther and they were all the same length. There is still a wide space as shown in this 3rd pic taken today . . . It's either the pit track is too short or the 3 inch wide pieces are all cut too long?
Update #2: Scalextric c/s got back to me with a timely response: Give us a few days, we will send the short single lane track to you, I think that is the problem.
expidia: it looks like the issue was the "short" single lane (they shipped the set with 9 sections of code: CC) that may have been manufactured short rather than an issue with the two pit sections.
Has anyone ever experienced this?
If I tighten the left side then the gap opens up on the right side.
It could also be the short pieces that fill in the lane along the side of the pit track one might have been cut to long?
First pic is the one side. And 2nd pic is the other side of the two pit lanes.
I'll have to take some finer measurments of each of the track sections in question.
This side of the set up is all a straight run after the curve.
Update: today I held all the 3 inch wide pieces togther and they were all the same length. There is still a wide space as shown in this 3rd pic taken today . . . It's either the pit track is too short or the 3 inch wide pieces are all cut too long?
Update #2: Scalextric c/s got back to me with a timely response: Give us a few days, we will send the short single lane track to you, I think that is the problem.
expidia: it looks like the issue was the "short" single lane (they shipped the set with 9 sections of code: CC) that may have been manufactured short rather than an issue with the two pit sections.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)