Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

3DP Pods
#41

Being a brass and wire guy I would never choose to elongate the motor mounting holes. I have yet to see a plastic chassis that doesn’t flex/bend in the wrong places hence my questions.
I have almost zero experience with printed chassis however.
[+] 1 member Likes munter's post
Quote
#42

(30th-Jun-23, 07:40 AM)munter Wrote:  Being a brass and wire guy I would never choose to elongate the motor mounting holes. I have yet to see a plastic chassis that doesn’t flex/bend in the wrong places hence my questions.
I have almost zero experience with printed chassis however.

I would agree that ideally, elongating motor mount holes is  not a good approach.
Definitely not if you need  vertical and mesh adustments.
A custom mount designed for the job would be better, however sometimes the ideal is just  not available.
I always secure a motor in place with epoxy. 
A little when everything lines up from the factory.
More when the mount has been chopped about in any way.
AlanW
[+] 2 members Like Nonfractal's post
Quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)