Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 8 in 2 posts
Likes Given: 2
Joined: Jan 2022
Happy New Year!
New face here. Live in western North Carolina, USA and just unboxed a Carrera Digital kit yesterday that was given to me over 15 years ago. Have many other pieces I bought at a huge discount around the same time. Trying to make sense of it all by doing much reading. This is way more complicated than the Aurora HO set I played with as a kid in the 70s. I'll try not to embarrass myself with too many stupid questions.
Thanks for allowing me to participate!
-James
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Welcome aboard James, and please don't feel embarrassed about asking questions, it's the best way to learn.
Having said that, I know nothing about Carrera digital, so I probably won't be much help.
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Hello James. Welcome to SlotRacer.
No such thing as a stupid question. Just questions that weren't asked.
If a picture is worth a thousand words. All I can say is pictures, pictures, pictures!
Show us what you got!
•
Posts: 159
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 388 in 114 posts
Likes Given: 176
Joined: Sep 2020
Happy New Year, James. Welcome from a fellow western NC guy. I can’t help with digital as I have a routed wood track. O.P. Taylor’s toy store in Brevard has a nice selection of Carrera, Scalextric and slot.it cars, and has a small Carrera track set up in the store. They sell Carrera sets and may be able to help you out.
Posts: 539
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 829 in 380 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Jun 2019
James,
there are lots of online resources for you to tap jnto
However, I would always recommend finding and visiting your local club if there is one.
Alan
•
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,026 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Welcome James
Starting with any digital system is daunting, but I’m sure you’ll soon get up to speed. As always, reading the instructions is vital! If you have loads of the digital accessories, I’d suggest starting simple - just the control center, controllers and some lane changers. Explore the basic functions and then build up from there.
Have fun
•
Posts: 193
Threads: 23
Likes Received: 326 in 126 posts
Likes Given: 922
Joined: Apr 2019
Welcome to the forum.
The “over 15 years ago” triggers me, at that time Carrera had ProX as a digital system, or just swapped to a pre-D132 system. Both are obsolete now and finding replacement parts will be hard.
So what system do you have?
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello James, Greetings from Scotland.
Carrera Digital is not very popular in the UK but there are North American members here who have a good knowledge of it and are very helpful.
The Carrera kit has nice styling and seems to be robust in use.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 8 in 2 posts
Likes Given: 2
Joined: Jan 2022
(2nd-Jan-22, 09:25 AM)Henk Wrote: Welcome to the forum.
So what system do you have?
Hi all,
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
It is indeed a Pro-X system. A simple one though. I think it's called "Winged Warriors" or something similar (not currently at home but I found a pic online.) It's basically a banked oval NASCAR type with no lane changers. The cars are a 69 Daytona and 1970 Superbird. From what I understand the track is compatible with the newer D124/132 systems but the black box is not. The cars would need new chips to run on the newer systems. I have a a bit of track in all (no idea on length.) All in all the parts seem to be of high quality and I like the fact both 1:24 and 1:32 cars both fit.
This is my inventory:
19 standard straight
28 1/60* curves
12 1/30* curves
1 chicane
1 elevated crossing
12 2/30 banked curves
6 1/30 banked curves
I figured I'd try and set something up to get a feel for it. I downloaded a track planning program and trying to figure it out. It's a paid version of the Carrera software called Autorennplanner. I didn't mind spending the 30 bucks on the license because I like supporting someone that supports the hobby.
Mickey Thumbs thanks for pointing me towards the shop in Brevard. My girlfriend has a couple of restaurants she likes there. Maybe make a day of it!
-James
Edit:. Looks like the set has two lane changes. My bad! I guess that's part of the point. LOL!
(This post was last modified: 2nd-Jan-22, 08:25 PM by
ludite13.)