Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

National GT3 Series
#1

Hi all

For those that have taken part in the national gt3 series over the last few years, you will appreciate we owe a  huge thank you to Bill Charters whom has coordinated this national series for a number of very successful years - all effort has been greatly appreciated. With his stepping down, hopefully we will see a racing improvement from him!

I will take on the coordination going foward.


As 2020 is wiped out, we will carry forward all championship entries me so far in to 2021.

The core rules will continue, but I would welcome input on suggestions as to how the series is taken foward. 

I will consolidate suggestions and put them foward the club representatives (chris (wolves), Richard (s mancs), tony (n staffs), julian (moseley) nick (rham) and phil (indep)) before any rule amendments are decided on at the AGM.

The main objective of the series is to have competitive fun for everyone.

So to aid this I would like  input in particular around:
1) race w/e format
2) simplifying rules
3) encouraging competition throughout entries

Look forward to hearing from you.

Matt 
[+] 4 members Like Mtucker666's post
Quote
#2

Matt

Looks like i have a spare Scaleauto car needing a race series to compete in...

I'm just a novice, but the 2020 regs seemed straightforward and understandable, to me anyway! Looking forward to following news on the future of the series!

I love puttering with gears
[+] 2 members Like BAracer's post
Quote
#3

Matt

Any GT3 news?

Just dreaming of racing and did not want to prep a car to the wrong spec!

Cheers

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#4

Matt

Can you clarify whether tyre treatment is permitted? It's not mentioned in the rules therefore not permitted?

It's an art I am yet to learn, so hoping it's not.

Cheers

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#5

Hi Jeremy,

Most people glue and true their NSR tyres of choice. 
Then rub 3 in 1 oil into them. 

On the day most people just tape the tyres clean. 

Cheers
Phil
Quote
#6

Thanks Phil.

Any gear ratio advice for each of the tracks?

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#7

Hi Jeremy,

I would always run king 21 with a 12t pinion. 

Then just change the spur gear between 29 and 31. 

Cheers 
Phil
[+] 1 member Likes Hotlap's post
Quote
#8

Thanks again.

Just want to be in the right ball park to start off.

I love puttering with gears
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Makem
21st-Jul-26, 06:50 AM
Last Post by Mtucker666
30th-Mar-22, 06:03 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)