Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Help needed
#1

Not sure if this is the right section, but I'm trying to get hold of an accessory bag, or just the driver's side door mirror for a Scalextric McLaren P1.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated!
Quote
#2

Hi Keiths,

This sounds like a topic for the "Wanted" section? But nothing goes unnoticed here so it's all good.

That's fairly specialized. You could contact Scalextric directly and ask them which one of their retailers or distributors would stock such a part? If they don't know... No one does.

Please let us know what Scalextric says?

Cheers,
Ken
Quote
#3

The Scalextric accessory pack for the Mclaren P1 was part no W10902 but I couldn't find any stock on a websearch.

If no one here can help with the correct part your best chance is to find something similar from another car. Most door mirrors are on a stalk that just goes into a hole on the body so fitting something similar should be fairly easy although you may need to drill out the hole in the body if the stalk is a different size.

If you go onto any of the major slot car suppliers websites and put in a search for door mirrors it should show plenty of options and hopefully you will find something that works.

 You could also try to contact Scalextric through their website but as it appears to be a discontinued pack I think it is unlikely that they will be able to help.
Quote
#4

Hello Keiths,
Ebay seller has the srews from a P1 listed - message them and ask if they have the mirrors.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Greenhills-Sc...SwKZxfJerr

Alternatively buy a cheap low detail model for the parts.  The spares pack would have been about 12 pounds anyway so you could perhaps buy a complete car and then sell it complete or in parts after removing what you need.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Quote
#5

Thanks for the replies. It seems this is a bit of an ongoing issue if you want to keep your cars fully intact, the very nature of using the cars means there is some inevitability of things like door mirrors aerials etc going missing.
However, good news!  Following another search the missing mirror was found at the side of the track!!
I will get a new Superglue before refitting, a decent Cyanoacrylate glue from experience seems vital, in order to give the best chance of these parts future survival!
Quote
#6

If you ever get into club racing you will soon find that mirrors and aerials tend to become optional extras as they often go missing very early in a car's life.
[+] 1 member Likes autoavia's post
Quote
#7

(10th-Nov-20, 02:47 PM)autoavia Wrote:  If you ever get into club racing you will soon find that mirrors and aerials tend to become optional extras as they often go missing very early in a car's life.

I'm sure you're absolutely right,  and I think regrettably for me I think I'm more than a bit too obsessive about these things, where for most it will be accepted as part of racing the cars that the you're going lose these bits. And don't even get me started on the inevitable stone chip appearing on the actual real car you own!!!
Quote
#8

   

Seems most of us have one of these at our tracks
Quote
#9

(10th-Nov-20, 08:08 PM)keiths Wrote:  I'm sure you're absolutely right,  and I think regrettably for me I think I'm more than a bit too obsessive about these things, where for most it will be accepted as part of racing the cars that the you're going lose these bits. And don't even get me started on the inevitable stone chip appearing on the actual real car you own!!!

 Nothing wrong with liking the car to have all the mirrors etc but in club racing the tracks are generally bigger and faster so there is much less chance of finding the bits that fall off although I do reattach them if they can be found. It isn't unusual to find bits weeks after they came off. Rather than having a bin we have a 1/32 open back lorry for all the stray bits.
Quote
#10

(10th-Nov-20, 02:40 PM)keiths Wrote:  Thanks for the replies. It seems this is a bit of an ongoing issue if you want to keep your cars fully intact, the very nature of using the cars means there is some inevitability of things like door mirrors aerials etc going missing.
However, good news!  Following another search the missing mirror was found at the side of the track!!
I will get a new Superglue before refitting, a decent Cyanoacrylate glue from experience seems vital, in order to give the best chance of these parts future survival!

You may find that ShoeGoo/E6000/Lepages100  etc. do a much better job of retaining wings/mirrors etc. as these glues do have some flex, where CA's are very brittle, and have very little shear strength. Our local club's have rather empty parts bins, now that everyone has switched away from CA.
E6000, is the standout winner.

Cheers
Chris Walker
Chris Walker
[+] 2 members Like chrisguyw's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DPJ
19th-Nov-22, 04:34 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)