Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Everyone is silent about this build. The only candy lime green Chaparral 2D in the world (to my knowledge).
Besides the colour. Anyone notice my mistake? I can correct it... But prefer to laugh at myself these days.
My favorite colour on my favorite car. A match made in heaven eh? (that's Canadian slang for "everyone should either agree, or argue against it")
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
It's a nice build, and a pretty shape, but I'm not too sure about the colour.
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Everything has a reason. Sometimes not very obvious. Here are some reasons for a green 2D.
I race in a club where many of my fellow racers like to jump on main liveries. 8 friends will show up for a race. There may be 2 or even 4 of the same car. If 4 Chaparral 2D's show up. Three need to draw straws to see who gets to race white #7. I simply put my green #9 on the track and almost everyone chuckles. I never need to draw straws.
There are also three light blue Matra MS10's in our club. All three have different numbers. But at racing speed, the camel yellow Matra tells me who's who.
I will always choose a fantasy livery and colour every time. My vision isn't what is used to be when I was younger. I can always see my strangely coloured cars without squinting.
If white was totally off limits. What colour would you paint a 2D to show off it's curves?
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Did you paint the glass engine 'window' by mistake?
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
(15th-Sep-20, 05:55 PM)KensRedZed Wrote: Everything has a reason. Sometimes not very obvious. Here are some reasons for a green 2D.
I race in a club where many of my fellow racers like to jump on main liveries. 8 friends will show up for a race. There may be 2 or even 4 of the same car. If 4 Chaparral 2D's show up. Three need to draw straws to see who gets to race white #7. I simply put my green #9 on the track and almost everyone chuckles. I never need to draw straws.
There are also three light blue Matra MS10's in our club. All three have different numbers. But at racing speed, the camel yellow Matra tells me who's who.
I will always choose a fantasy livery and colour every time. My vision isn't what is used to be when I was younger. I can always see my strangely coloured cars without squinting.
If white was totally off limits. What colour would you paint a 2D to show off it's curves?
Yup fair points well made.
I guess if I wanted to distinguish the car I might be tempted by blue stripes, or if I really had to discount white as the main body colour, maybe a blue body with white stripes. I'm a bit of a traditionalist, so breaking away from white would be difficult. Each to their own though.
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Hi Jason. Stripes, or my favorite colour? Tough call. It's possible that stripes might take something away from the natural curves.
Hi Jeremy. Thank you very kindly for your reply to my question. The rear glass is clear. Probably too clear which is why it can't be seen.
I installed the driver on the wrong side of the car. Oops. It must be a North American version.