Posts: 285
Threads: 53
Likes Received: 402 in 177 posts
Likes Given: 39
Joined: Apr 2019
"I like those corona virus days".My grand daughters (5 y.o.) statement enjoying mum and dad being at (working from) home all day and no school.I could use it.I have opened my to do projects drawers to see what can i do to spend my time.First off a couple of damaged Strombecker Ferrari 250 GTO.The primered one has a damaged headlight opening and no windshield whereas the red one windshield full of glue and light damage on the body.
I started with the grey one.I used blue staff to make a mould from the red one which i then fitted on to the grey one.
I will fill the gap with epoxy glue later today
I then tackled the windshield issue,i was lucky to have a 3rd allmost new one from which i used the windshield to make of gypsum and plasticine a vac form mould
Windshield ready,side windows will be cut from sheet
Chassis is printed in ABS
Rims (front,to save wight) and inserts (for rear alu rims) printed also in ABS
(This post was last modified: 13th-Apr-20, 03:27 PM by
CMOTD.)
Posts: 285
Threads: 53
Likes Received: 402 in 177 posts
Likes Given: 39
Joined: Apr 2019
I managed to remove the windshield from the red GTO without much damaging the body,the previous owner had dislensed glue by the bucket.
I used plasticine as moulds this time,it worked better
So now i have to bodies ready for the paint booth and one complete chassis the second one will be in line
And here comes the obvious question what color?I have too many red Ferraris.I am open to suggestions
Until i make a decision i started another one,Jaguar E type Eldon,chassis ready and printed
I have 3 bodies,this one will replicatethe car of a Greek champion in red colour
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Fly yellow or Eau de nil for the GTO?
•
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Eau de nil would be appropriate as a tribute to Stirling Moss:
Car for a legend: The record breaking 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO was built for British Formula 1 legend Stirling Moss and recently sold for £22.7m. It's Eau de nil.
If you Google it there are lots of great reference photos.
(This post was last modified: 15th-Apr-20, 05:58 PM by
Top Down.)
•
Posts: 285
Threads: 53
Likes Received: 402 in 177 posts
Likes Given: 39
Joined: Apr 2019
Thanks,nice ,there is an issue though,the rear spoiler is missing on Strombecker models
•
Posts: 285
Threads: 53
Likes Received: 402 in 177 posts
Likes Given: 39
Joined: Apr 2019
Unless i fabricate a spoiler
•
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Stirling's has rectangular driving lights under the headlights too but ..... how accurate does it have to be?
It's just for inspiration/justification of the colour choice.
Right colour, black roundels, white #15 ....... would give the right impression.
(This post was last modified: 15th-Apr-20, 06:41 PM by
Top Down.)
•
Posts: 285
Threads: 53
Likes Received: 402 in 177 posts
Likes Given: 39
Joined: Apr 2019