Posts: 2,511
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
How do you rotate pics on posts? I upload portrait and they come out landscape...
Ah, not this one...
But this one!
I love puttering with gears
(This post was last modified: 10th-May-20, 11:12 AM by
BAracer.)
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
We normally leave rotating pictures to Gordon.
But basically you need to make sure they are the right way round before you upload them. I know they might look the right way round on your device, but they're not really, it's only because of a bit of code which a lot of forums and websites don't recognise.
How you fix that is device and software dependent but a quick search should tell you.
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
A key aspect is to make sure that you hold the phone/camera the same way around each time you take a photograph. It depends upon the device and how old it is. The simple solution is to do some test shots and work out which way to orientate the device.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 2,511
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Yeah, the micro scalextric car is portrait on my 2 year old phone, but I get it that the phone might be compensating, especially as I was almost holding the phone flat when I took it.
I love puttering with gears
•