Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Upgrading Win10 to Win11 on 'unsupported' laptop/PC
#1

Just upgraded both my laptop and PC from Win10 to Win11 even though the windows update checker says both were not compatible.

There's an easy way to get round the problem, if you're interested, watch the vid...



...my laptop now seems quicker so a happy bunny

...and now I don't have to worry about using Fusion 360 which is stopping Win 10 support in a few short months

Wrench

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 3 members Like Kevan's post
Quote
#2

Just because a program is stopping support for a given OS build doesn't mean it will stop working, You just won't have help to resolve issues that come up.
[+] 1 member Likes DPJ's post
Quote
#3

That's true.
Now I don't have an annoying nag warning whilst I'm using the software.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post
Quote
#4

What you will get instead is endless nudges to Copilot AI and having it default to Microsoft cloud storage for everything. Windows 11 is a complete pile of dog's doings and I just wish they had stuck with XP. That worked perfectly for my needs. I also seem to remember that they said Windows 10 was the final version which would just be updated now and again. They lie nearly as much as politicians.
[+] 1 member Likes CMOTD's post
Quote
#5

Well of course it was going to get upgraded...there's money to be made...Win 12 is next

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
Quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)