Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Replacement Headlight Lenses
#1

I've read that false nails can work...any other tips?

     

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BAracer's post
Quote
#2

Same shape too, can you get clear ones?

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post
Quote
#3

Maybe you could use a piece from a clear plastic bottle?
[+] 1 member Likes rallyhub's post
Quote
#4

Just checked the Bay and yes, clear nails are available.

But the bottles will probably more flexible than acrylic nails, might try that first

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#5

Bottom of a plastic bottle...

   

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 3 members Like Kevan's post
Quote
#6

I always use plastic tubes that protect new brushes.
       
[+] 6 members Like Carver's post
Quote
#7

It seems like I just need to start thinking like a scratcher and I will see solutions everywhere!

I love puttering with gears
[+] 3 members Like BAracer's post
Quote
#8

Quote:and I will see solutions everywhere!

Don’t go looking at hair combs, ok?
Quote
#9

Almost everything we buy these days is sealed in a clear plastic bubble and stuck on a card. I always look at the shape of the plastic before I recycle it. There are so many different shapes that parts of it can always be reused as a headlamp cover or windscreen.
[+] 3 members Like Mazda's post
Quote
#10

RC aircraft guys have been using the thin sides of the 2L pop bottle to make clear aircraft canopies for years. It's easier to cut than the thick bottom. First carve/sand a shape from a wooden dowel/stick/block. Then use a heat gun to gently melt the plastic to any contour you like.

Be careful. Too much heat turns the plastic to goo very quickly.  Sun
[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
13th-Dec-22, 12:29 PM
Last Post by john roche
29th-Nov-21, 10:42 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)