Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
'Which' have just done a comparison review on these.
LINK
A bit simplistic for enthusiasts like us but worth a look anyway.
•
Posts: 456
Threads: 35
Likes Received: 202 in 130 posts
Likes Given: 534
Joined: Apr 2019
The one time I tried Anki I was thoroughly confused.
The cars seemed to drive themselves. It was some sort of game shooting other cars and even though I was 100% sure I should hit I didn't and when I thought I shouldn't I did...
Luckily as I was about to give up they ran out of power (about 10 minutes).
I am surprised they brought it back to be honest....
Regarding the rest of the review: I have tried to get Hornby to address some of these things but so far have been unsuccessful...
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
The strapline " It begs the question: is Scalextric still the best?" made me laugh. In the UK context, that was when the shops didn't offer any alternatives.
Interesting to hear about the Joe Public experience.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 4,501
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,193
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
It made me laugh also, maybe they were referring back to the 'olden days'
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 789
Threads: 30
Likes Received: 1,382 in 619 posts
Likes Given: 482
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Auburn, WA, USA
Garbage.
Compare an analog Scalextric set to a Digital Carrera one and ANKI? Really?
A simple review of each is one thing, but comparing the features between digital and analog sets? GTFOHWTS!!!
printables.com/@MrFlippant
•
Posts: 539
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 829 in 380 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Jun 2019
(20th-Dec-22, 08:38 PM)MrFlippant Wrote: Garbage.
GTFOHWTS!!!
Amen Brother
•