Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

NSR F1 "Rosberg" finished
#1

This was built to resemble the car Keke used for practice during the 1986 GP of Portugal......it ran only in practice, and never again.
 
To make it look a touch more "McLaren MP4/2C ish, I filled in the side mounted radiator vents, cut some new ones into the top rear of the sidepods, used different mirrors, and a few other bits.
 
While it is certainly a far cry from being accurate, it is much closer than the stock NSR,
 
Decals are from Atalaya, and my decal stash, and the helmet is from Interlagos miniatures.....drivers suit decals are some old Marlboro HO sized decals from the parts bin.
 
[Image: DSCN4729.jpg]
 
[Image: DSCN4728.jpg]
 
[Image: DSCN4727.jpg]
 
 
 
It will be run in the new owners F1 class, so , it has been built to comply with his clubs rule set......I did,......change the guide, use the stiffer chassis platform, install a FC-130 motor, silicone washer damped  body/motor pod, changed gearing and axles. Spacers have been added to either side of the Crown (between the Crown face and the inside bushing flanges) to control and maintain the mesh. The car runs on glued/trued NSR tyres.
 
Weight will be added by the new owner.
 
[Image: DSCN4733.jpg]
 
 
Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 7 members Like chrisguyw's post
Quote
#2

The mustard yellow rather than the usual red really does make you look at the car with fresh eyes.

For me, it's the decal work that stands out. The last time I put a decal on a model I must have been around 12 years old...is it still a case of floating one in a saucer of water and then sliding it into position, or has technology moved on?

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#3

(14th-May-21, 02:53 PM)BARacer Wrote:  The mustard yellow rather than the usual red really does make you look at the car with fresh eyes.

For me, it's the decal work that stands out. The last time I put a decal on a model I must have been around 12 years old...is it still a case of floating one in a saucer of water and then sliding it into position, or has technology moved on?

The "Mustard" yellow appeared on Keke's car for practice at Portugal 1986, as Marlboro was launching their "Marlboro Lights" brand. It only ran in practice.

[Image: rosberg-estoril-1986b.jpg]

Decal setting solutions have made the job easier, and help with the results, but, soaking them in water until they slide off the backing paper is still essentially the process.

Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 5 members Like chrisguyw's post
Quote
#4

It might just be the decal sheets that I buy but I find that decals today are made of thinner material and so it is easier to get them folded over on themselves by mistake.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 2 members Like Scuderia_Turini's post
Quote
#5

Stunning Chris

If you ever fancy creating a 2020 Hamilton W11 Mercedes let me know

Rob
Quote
#6

(15th-May-21, 08:06 PM)964rh Wrote:  Stunning Chris

If you ever fancy creating a 2020 Hamilton W11 Mercedes let me know

Rob

Hello, I may be tempted, but, I would not do a W11 from an NSR, it would have to be based on the Policar generic F1 cars.

Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 3 members Like chrisguyw's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)