Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Spark Plug Dongle
#1

As anyone got / use the spark plug Dongle are they any good as the promo video says.  Can you attach one in each of the two lane ports of powerbaces .

Graham.

[hr]
   Graham. Checkeredflag

My Instagram page for Scalextric Checkeredflag
@severncrescentracing
[+] 1 member Likes SevernCrescentRacing's post
Quote
#2

I reviewed here on SlotRacer back in April. I liked it - and the app has been updated since then with more features.

Yes, you plug it in to a current powerbase (with the rectangular plugs & sockets) to replace a controller. You can use a Spark Plug in one lane and a standard controller in the other. You can also plug them into the old ARC One powerbase and have both Spark Plug and the ARC app running - but you'd need three smart devices for that to work for two Smart Plugs and ARC.
Quote
#3

(8th-Dec-20, 07:57 PM)woodcote Wrote:  I reviewed here on SlotRacer back in April. I liked it - and the app has been updated since then with more features.

Yes, you plug it in to a current powerbase (with the rectangular plugs & sockets) to replace a controller. You can use a Spark Plug in one lane and a standard controller in the other. You can also plug them into the old ARC One powerbase and have both Spark Plug and the ARC app running - but you'd need three smart devices for that to work for two Smart Plugs and ARC.

Thank you Woodcaote might splash out on a pair of them.

Graham.

[hr]
   Graham. Checkeredflag

My Instagram page for Scalextric Checkeredflag
@severncrescentracing
[+] 1 member Likes SevernCrescentRacing's post
Quote
#4

If you don't have the powerbase, Jadlam do a bundle of 2 x Spark Plugs, powerbase and power supply for £29.99 here.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post
Quote
#5

(8th-Dec-20, 08:30 PM)woodcote Wrote:  If you don't have the powerbase, Jadlam do a bundle of 2 x Spark Plugs, powerbase and power supply for £29.99 here.

Thank you.



Graham.

[hr]
   Graham. Checkeredflag

My Instagram page for Scalextric Checkeredflag
@severncrescentracing
[+] 1 member Likes SevernCrescentRacing's post
Quote
#6

I am a child... I giggle when I hear the word "dongle" Wrench
Quote
#7

Hello Graham,
If you get these, it would be great to get your feedback.  

I see the portable device "controller" as the only way that the slot-car hobby can stay relevant to future generations. I bought the Spark-Plugs to try them out personally and then pass on to my great-nephews. Sadlly great-nephews have shown little interest in the Micro Scalextric set that they have so I am still at phase one. Part of the problem is that the kids are too young to have their own portable devices so perhaps in a few years.

For me switching from traditional controllers was a bit challenging but once I had run a few laps I was able to get decent lap times. The only snag that I found is that if I had to put a car back in its slot I would inevitably rotate my phone/tablet so that when resumed driving, the screen would be the wrong way around.

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 1 member Likes Scuderia_Turini's post
Quote
#8

(9th-Dec-20, 02:58 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote:  Hello Graham,
If you get these, it would be great to get your feedback.  

I see the portable device "controller" as the only way that the slot-car hobby can stay relevant to future generations. I bought the Spark-Plugs to try them out personally and then pass on to my great-nephews. Sadlly great-nephews have shown little interest in the Micro Scalextric set that they have so I am still at phase one. Part of the problem is that the kids are too young to have their own portable devices so perhaps in a few years.

For me switching from traditional controllers was a bit challenging but once I had run a few laps I was able to get decent lap times. The only snag that I found is that if I had to put a car back in its slot I would inevitably rotate my phone/tablet so that when resumed driving, the screen would be the wrong way around.

I plan to aquire a pair of the Spark Plugs and I will give feedback from my exspirance of them. Also more than likely I will be going digital at some stage , will the Spark Plugs still work in the digital format.

Graham.

[hr]
   Graham. Checkeredflag

My Instagram page for Scalextric Checkeredflag
@severncrescentracing
[+] 1 member Likes SevernCrescentRacing's post
Quote
#9

I don't think so. The dongles plug directly into an analogue powerbase. Might work in Analogue mode of SSD but the physical connection would need to be arranged.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Quote
#10

(9th-Dec-20, 08:44 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote:  I don't think so. The dongles plug directly into an analogue powerbase. Might work in Analogue mode of SSD but the physical connection would need to be arranged.

Leo

Thank you for that, it was that i just thought about weather it would be compatible in digital mode. But i still plan to aquire them.  

Graham.

[hr]
   Graham. Checkeredflag

My Instagram page for Scalextric Checkeredflag
@severncrescentracing
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)