What’s new in the world of slot cars? Here’s our round up…
- Slot.it Oreca 07 Also available this week is the Oreca 07 from Slot.it, which models the car piloted by Laurents Hörr, Jean Glorieux & Alexandre Cougnaud at the 2022 24hours of Le Mans.
- SRC Porsche 914/6 GT SRC have announced the re-release of the Gulf liveried, 50th anniversary Porsche 914/6 GT. The company say that the new car has an upgraded chassis. Available for pre-order.
- Scaleauto Acura NSX GT3 Scalauto have released two new Acura NSX liveries, which represent the two Michael Shank Racing entries in the 2017 24 Hours of Daytona. Expected soon.
- Fly Porsche 911 Rafa Fly has announced a new Porsche 911 in the ‘Film Series’. The Top Gun: Maverick style Porsche may not be the correct model but it does come with Jennifer Connelly and Tom Cruise figures.
- TTS Alfa Romeo T33/3 TTS have announced the release of a very nicely detailed 1/24 scale Alfa Romeo T33/3. The livery represents the car driven by Rolf Stommelen and Toine Hezemans at the 1971 1000km Brands Hatch race. The car was leading when its engine blew up, leaving the second placed sister car to go on and take victory. The TTS model will be available as a kit with pre-painted body and decals, ready to run aluminium chassis with 20k rpm motor, and 12/39 anglewinder transmission.
- Hobbyclassic Alfa Romeo and Ducati Hobbyclassic have posted prototype photos of an Italian dream team; an Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm towing a trailer with a Ducati on it.
In the Pipeline
- Revoslot Porsche 911 GT1 Revoslot have announced three new liveries for the Porsche 911 GT1, namely the #28 Giesse and the #32 Roock both from the 24 Hours of Le Mans 1997, and #16 Roock from the 1997 FIA GT Championship. Available now to pre-order, and expected in early 2024.
- Johnson motors in a care home? Woodcote dusted off some of his childhood Scalextric cars and buildings, and set up a track at his local care home, Greystoke Manor. So how did the residents get on? Did they enjoy the racing? Check out the link for the full story.
- Worthing Digital Saturday – 18th-Nov-23
- Orpington Swapmeet – 19th-Nov-23
- UK Winter Slot Car Market – 3rd-Dec-23
- Worthing HO Wednesday – 6th-Dec-23
- Worthing Digital Saturday – 16th-Dec-23
- Bury St Edmunds club night 5-10pm – 17th-Dec-23
- Worthing HO Wednesday – 3rd-Jan-24
- WHO Digital Wednesday – 17th-Jan-24
MRRC Toyota Celica