Let’s take a look at the highlights of week 41
“Get in there Lewis”
There has been a feeling of inevitability about this week’s biggest news, with the question on the minds of the world’s media being when rather than if Lewis Hamilton would finally match Michael Schumacher’s incredible record of 91 GP victories.
I imagine that a lot of sports journalists had articles all ready to publish at the Russian GP, only to have to put them back on the shelf when Hamilton was knocked back by penalties in Sochi.
But this weekend at Nurburgring it happened, Hamilton has done it! It is a jaw dropping achievement for Lewis to sit on the top step with Michael, and one that I didn’t expect to see in my lifetime.
But that won’t be the limit of the world champion’s ambition. He will want to set himself clearly on top of the pile in terms of GP victories, and in the process match Schumacher’s tally of seven world titles. I wouldn’t bet against him doing that.
- Hamilton’s bold decision that put him on path to Schumacher F1 win record
- Lewis Hamilton is ‘not done yet’ after equalling Michael Schumacher’s 91 race wins
- F1 Eifel GP: Hamilton takes victory to equal Schumacher’s win record
- What’s on your bench? – Have a look or let us know what’s on yours.
- 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz – It’s big, it’s green, and it’s a Boulevard Cruiser.
- Applying Body Wrap Decal to a White Kit – Another jigsaw puzzle begins
- Autocoast Ti22 CAN AM kit – body, chassis, driver and intake trumpets, now available
- Peter Harper’s Sunbeam Tiger, which finished 4th in the 1965 Monte Carlo Rally
Cars and Motorsport
- Cafe Race Car: Building A Motorsport-Inspired Mini Cooper S
- Luca Corberi throws his bumper at Paolo Ippolito, and probably throws his career away
- Perfectly restored 1969 Plymouth Superbird – a dream weekend car
Tracks & Scenery
- Goodwood/Targa Florio – an update on an evocative and wonderful track