Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Boombergbaan (aka Triple B track)

I used the season holidays to create a new track, the „Boombergbaan“ aka the Triple B track. Here in my town there’s an area called the Bloomberg after which I named the track.

The previous track I had was 1,22m by 5,10m and had some fly-overs.
I was not completely happy with it, in some places it was hard to see the car. You can guess how many cars were damaged by the youngster in our neighborhood who love to come racing.

So I wanted a „flat“ track with a good visibility and using less space because it was hard to create a working space in the room, where SHMBO also has some stuff occupying space  Banghead  Also I wanted the track to be simple but yet challenging.

The track length is about 15m, it’s a digital Arc Pro setup. I used 2 pit lanes, 3 straight lane changers, one hairpin, 4 K1, 12 K2, 8 K3 and 6 K4’s. Where you see a combination of a full, a half, a quarter and a short straight (twice on the backend) these are just to simulate the extra long straight I got in my start set. I don’t have them (yet) in Ultimate Racer with which I designed the layout.

Space occupied now is 3,67m by 1,22 and the length of the L-shapes side is 1,90m.

Next is some scenery but first we had a go, the boys loved it :)

I’ll post some pictures later, for now here’s a screenshot from Ultimate Racer:

[+] 2 members Like Henk's post

Nice layout Henk. Thumbup

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GT Sprite
16th-Dec-19, 10:07 AM
Last Post by Fluff
6th-Oct-19, 05:05 PM
Last Post by abie321
21st-Aug-19, 07:59 AM
Last Post by Steven.G