Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GT3 round seven - Norwich

The last round for this class and the last race of the championship. Next week its the beginning of the three race One Rule Challenge, which judging by some of the machines circulating in practice, is going to have a pretty wide range of cars competing.

The GT3 championship itself was led pretty comprehensively by Jim with Paul and Keith tied on points for second, so there was all to play for. 

The D final saw Peter face off against Kate and it was Peter who won but Kate put in some impressive lap times and stayed on the same lap.

The C final saw just about everyone lead at some point but it was Stuart who led over the line from a fairly surprised Peter in second. Ralph was quick but found the barriers too often while Mark Riches was fourth but with a car that was improving all the time.

In the B final  Stuart led away initially with Terry and myself in close attendance. A series of mistakes by myself and Stuart meant Terry built a half lap lead to the finish. Stuart was second over the line on the 24th lap but a mistake let me through. Coming off on the last lap  seems to happen to Stuart a lot. I think he gets over-excited...

So the A final saw Jim and Keith rocket away from the line until Jim gradually built a lead. Paul was third just head of Terry and that's how it stayed to the end. 

Next week its the One Rule Challenge and the glittering presentation of prizes....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post