Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scalextric Advent Calendar 2019

The Scalextric Advent Calendar is here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

In the run up to Wednesday 25 December, expect 24 days of competitions, new website content and announcements.

Day One is a competition to win an ARC Pro Le Mans 24 hour set (closing date 6 December). Find out more behind the #1 door here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Day Two is the offer of a free copy of 'Hornby Hobbies - A Model History' when you spend £30 or more on any of the official Hornby brand websites - Scalextric, Hornby Model Railways, Airfix etc. Get the code behind door #2 here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

I bought the book/magazine when it was published earlier in the year. Although the Scalextric chapter is probably the weakest part, I did enjoy learning about the other strands of the Hornby Hobbies 'empire' - especially the international brands and an excellent article on modern-day manufacturing in China and Vietnam.

I'm not sure if both codes will work together, but I did pick up this at the Hornby pop-up shop at St Pancras station last month...

[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Day Three is a handy guide to starting out with Scalextric. It should help people choose the right starter set for Christmas. The link is behind the #3 door here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

Day Four is another competition - this time a simple like & comment on the Scalextric Facebook page (closing date Sunday 8 December). The prize is an Urban Outrun set and all the details are behind door #4 here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

Day Five is another one for people starting out with Scalextric - a video of the Top 10 Gift Ideas for Christmas. Heavy on sets - and with a Micro / My First Scalextric Top Three - it is wise advice for anyone looking for a starter set for their family. Watch the video behind door #5 here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

Day Six is a look at some hints and tips for the new Micro Scalextric system. I'm sure I recognise the name of the author too...

It's all behind door #6 here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

Day Seven is a Micro Scalextric competition - the prize is a top-of-the-range Justice League set plus the Wonder Woman and The Flash individual cars. That's a pretty cool present for a younger racer. The competition closes on Saturday 14 December and you can enter via door #7 here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

Day Eight has another Micro Scalextric Justice League set up for grabs in a Twitter competition - just follow & retweet. The competition ends on Sunday 15 December - all the details are behind door #8 here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

Day Nine is entry into a free prize draw - to win £100 of Scalextric goodies - for all purchases from the Scalextric website today (Monday 9 December). More details behind door #9 here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar