Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scalextric Advent Calendar 2019

The Scalextric Advent Calendar is here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

In the run up to Wednesday 25 December, expect 24 days of competitions, new website content and announcements.

Day One is a competition to win an ARC Pro Le Mans 24 hour set (closing date 6 December). Find out more behind the #1 door here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Day Two is the offer of a free copy of 'Hornby Hobbies - A Model History' when you spend £30 or more on any of the official Hornby brand websites - Scalextric, Hornby Model Railways, Airfix etc. Get the code behind door #2 here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

I bought the book/magazine when it was published earlier in the year. Although the Scalextric chapter is probably the weakest part, I did enjoy learning about the other strands of the Hornby Hobbies 'empire' - especially the international brands and an excellent article on modern-day manufacturing in China and Vietnam.

I'm not sure if both codes will work together, but I did pick up this at the Hornby pop-up shop at St Pancras station last month...

[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Day Three is a handy guide to starting out with Scalextric. It should help people choose the right starter set for Christmas. The link is behind the #3 door here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

Day Four is another competition - this time a simple like & comment on the Scalextric Facebook page (closing date Sunday 8 December). The prize is an Urban Outrun set and all the details are behind door #4 here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

Day Five is another one for people starting out with Scalextric - a video of the Top 10 Gift Ideas for Christmas. Heavy on sets - and with a Micro / My First Scalextric Top Three - it is wise advice for anyone looking for a starter set for their family. Watch the video behind door #5 here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

Day Six is a look at some hints and tips for the new Micro Scalextric system. I'm sure I recognise the name of the author too...

It's all behind door #6 here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post

Day Seven is a Micro Scalextric competition - the prize is a top-of-the-range Justice League set plus the Wonder Woman and The Flash individual cars. That's a pretty cool present for a younger racer. The competition closes on Saturday 14 December and you can enter via door #7 here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

Day Eight has another Micro Scalextric Justice League set up for grabs in a Twitter competition - just follow & retweet. The competition ends on Sunday 15 December - all the details are behind door #8 here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

Day Nine is entry into a free prize draw - to win £100 of Scalextric goodies - for all purchases from the Scalextric website today (Monday 9 December). More details behind door #9 here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

Day Ten is the Scalextric Forum competition - in 75 words or less, post how Scalextric and slot racing brings you and your family together over the festive period. The prize is an American Police Chase set and the closing date is Tuesday 17 December. To enter, look behind door #10 here:  www.scalextric.com/uk-en/advent-calendar