Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Goodwood Cup - Norwich

The final round of the Goodwood Cup and I expect Keith will let you know the overall winner later. 

It was great to welcome James Cliff all the way from the darker side of King's Lynn as well as former racer Graham Beales who popped in to see us just as the finals started. Hopefully he will be tempted to return. 

James started off by winning his first heat but then, rather nobly, realised he was running with a magnet and put that car back in the box for the rest of the evening. Mussel Bay where he normally races uses copper tape unlike our steel braid which magnets love.

Some close racing in the heats saw Stuart and Kate contesting the D final which Stuart won convincingly.

The C was quite a close affair with Keith, Peter and Paul all having a shot at the lead before Peter managed to win, with Paul second, Keith third and Stuart at the rear.

Ralph was on top form to win the B final, lapping three tenths quicker than the rest. Peter was second with Paul third and James fourth.

Jim shot into the lead of the A final never to be headed and although Ralph was quick he had several offs which left him at the back. Terry and I had good race until I had an off and we finished in that order.

Next week its the Saloons. 

Jim            25

Terry          23

Ken            21

Ralph          20

Peter           19

AndyT          18

James           17

Paul               16

Keith               15

Stuart               14

Kate                  13