Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Lindberg Porsche 804

This car was built a few years ago for an early 60's F1 proxy, and as I was set on doing a copy of Dan Gurney's 1962 French GP winner, I was relegated to using the model from Lindberg that was produced in 1965. Like the other  GP cars Lindberg launched in 65, it was OK (at best) , but, really needed a bit of work to make it something you would be proud of.
Lindberg also did a LolaMK1V, Ferrari 156, Lotus 24, Cooper, and a BRM "stackpipe"...(the "stackpipe" is on another tread on this forum)

Anywho........here is where I started.

And after a bit of remodelling,...I got this

The chassis is a simple  Bigsmile single rail design, which is more than adequate, given the slow motors and skinny tyres that the proxy mandated.

And on track with a few friends..!!

Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 3 members Like chrisguyw's post

My second favourite GP car !!
Great to see you posting these on this Forum Chris, much inspiration to the likes of me.
I can spot the Ninco wheels, air intake mesh, different driver and roll hoop, what else has been corrected?

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com

(6th-Nov-19, 10:30 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote:  My second favourite GP car !!
Great to see you posting these on this Forum Chris, much inspiration to the likes of me.
I can spot the Ninco wheels, air intake mesh, different driver and roll hoop, what else has been corrected?

Leo  

Hi Leo, You have picked up on most of the mods, however, the wheels are BWA aluminum, with BWA inserts.
As you are aware BWA was taken over by Dart, and while the inserts are still available (.450 dia.) the wheels are long gone.

The good news is that Colin (RSSlotracing) has produced some wheels of identical proportions (with a better grub screw arrangement), and he also produces these (and many) inserts.

Oh, ......I also stuck a few gauge decals on Mr. Gurney's dashboard.

Cheers
Chris Walker

(6th-Nov-19, 10:30 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote:  My second favourite GP car !!

Leo
Hi Leo, You have picked up on most of the mods, however, the wheels are BWA aluminum, with BWA inserts.
As you are aware BWA was taken over by Dart, and while the inserts are still available (.450 dia.) the wheels are long gone.

The good news is that Colin (RSSlotracing) has produced some wheels of identical proportions (with a better grub screw arrangement), and he also produces these (and many) inserts.

Cheers
Chris Walker

(7th-Nov-19, 12:12 AM)chrisguyw Wrote:  [quote pid='4755' dateline='1573079452']

Cheers
Chris Walker

[/quote]

Thanks for the info Chris and thank you for the inspiration - my next build will have instrument decals!
In fact I'll get back onto my Supershells Ferrari 158.

Cheers, Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by rallyhub
5th-Apr-21, 06:58 AM
Last Post by RustySS
8th-Nov-20, 12:58 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
26th-Oct-20, 11:11 PM
Last Post by Kevan
25th-Apr-19, 11:55 AM