Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HO Le Mans 24 Hours 2019

The 27th running of the HO Le Mans 24 Hours takes place in Derby over the weekend of 8, 9 & 10 November. The 233-foot long eight-lane hand-built routed track will be set up on Thursday in the Rolls Royce Leisure sports hall...

The event is organised by most successful HO club in the UK - Derby HO Racing Club - and this year there will be five UK teams, two American teams and one Anglo-French team...

This will be the second year that the brass-weighted Viper-Jet chassis will be run. On Saturday morning, each team will receive a rolling chassis, a small selection of spare parts and three lexan bodies to last them through practice, qualifying and the twenty-four hour race. Qualifying determines the starting lane and then the teams circulate through the eight lanes, three hours on each...

Full coverage of the event will be on the Derby HO Racing Club facebook page: www.facebook.com/DHORC/

I'll be reporting from the event - it will complete my adventure of three 24 hour slot car races in 2019.
[+] 4 members Like woodcote's post

It was great to be back racing on the Le Mans track today and getting together with my Écurie Anglaise team mates.

Friday is practice. Saturday is car building, qualifying and the start of the race. Sunday is usually a bit of a blur, ending with the traditional Pizza Hut debrief.
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post

Six hours in...

And halfway...

I'm shocked to see a team with you and Richard driving to only be in fourth place Tappingfoot

Wot's goin' on?
[+] 1 member Likes Gordon Steadman's post

We usually run in a very leisurely seventh... we have made a bit of an effort this year  Bigsmile

A little disappointed to drop of the podium so late in the race. Here’s 18 hours gone...

With four hours, RIOT & Race Control are neck-and-neck, we’re 75 behind and 200+ ahead of fifth. And our Derby cooked breakfast has just arrived... but mine will have to be be microwaved after my next hour of driving...

From seventh to fourth means you should win next year then?

That’s the plan  Sun

The final scores after 24 hours...

[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Bit surprised at the large differences in number of laps given that the cars were provided!

Anyway, congrats at not coming seventh and here's to next year Thumbup

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Scuderia_Turini
25th-Jul-19, 06:33 PM