Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Thunderslot McLaren

Interesting, thanks Chris.

I filled the central section with a mix of superglue and filler and then turned it off. The urethanes are glued.

Made quite a difference.

(10th-Nov-19, 06:27 PM)Gordon Steadman Wrote:  Interesting, thanks Chris.

I filled the central section with a mix of superglue and filler and then turned it off. The urethanes are glued.

Made quite a difference.

While filling the gap with a rigid substance will help alleviate the tire cupping, and will allow you to take less off the tire in the truing process (a good thing) it will not give the added grip/consistency benefit that a sponge insert (additional tire compression ) will.

Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 1 member Likes chrisguyw's post

Oh well, next time then....if there is one!!

I am taking a while to get up to date with this stuff. I don't usually run modern cars but there is a race for them at Bordo next month - only four weeks now, oh goodie - and there will no doubt be some stiff competition.

I have no other reason to buy RTR cars.

I've used foams that are too small for Falcon racing cut into rings to fill air rims.  I've also used two rubber 'O' rings glued in then ground down.

After a bit of playing, I've got this handling very well. Some lead along the sides and in front of the motor and just a small piece behind the guide. Most impressive is how fast it will enter the corners.

Naturally, now it weighs a bit more, it could do with some more power. I have NSR 32 and 40,000rpm motors coming. The Ferrari with the Shark 40 is just right for me so it will be interesting to see how they compare with the same motor. For racing, I might fit the 30 as it will, no doubt, be a little easier to drive but I am definitely starting to enjoy these two modern cars.

Heresy I know.
[+] 1 member Likes Gordon Steadman's post

Crikey Gordon , modern controller and modern cars , soon you'll enjoy Christmas !!!

Steve
[+] 1 member Likes Fluff's post

Bigsmile

There are limits!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by fotodoug
1st-May-19, 07:27 PM
Last Post by fotodoug
30th-Apr-19, 05:00 AM