Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Staffs Slot Cars Alloy Hubs

Nice car, but even nicer wheels Cool

A new range of alloy wheels from Staffs Slot Cars first appeared at the UK Slot Car Festival in May. Pairs of standard 15.8 x 10mm hubs and Air hubs were released in stylish gold, black and silver - all in five-spoke design that offered good looks without the need for inserts. The wheels are crafted and manufactured in Italy.

Seven new styles have just arrived in the UK - 15.8 x 8.5mm hubs in gold, black and silver, plus red and blue hubs in both the 8.5mm and 10mm widths.

And the 8.5mm wheels to go with the 10mm hubs released in May...

If you want to pimp your cars with these exquisite rim, they will be available soon at Pendles, MRE, Typhoon Slots & Models and MC Slots. Expect to pay somewhere in the region of £7 to £8 per pair. The wheels come with M2 grub screws and fit 3/32 axles.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Following the success of Staffs Slot Cars' five spoke wheels, there are some new designs on their way...

Due very soon (in the next ten days) are these 'plain' alloy wheels, available in gold, black, silver, red and blue. Sizes will be standard 15.8 x 10mm hubs, plus 15.8 x 8.5mm hubs expected later.

The same sizes and colours will also be available in these new spoked designs...

These will be arriving by the end of March, followed by one more design that is still in the design stage. 

Staffs Slot Cars hubs and brass bushings are stocked by Pendles, MRE, Typhoon Slots & Models and MC Slots. Expect to pay somewhere in the region of £7 to £8 per pair. The wheels come with M2 grub screws and fit 3/32 axles.

Thanks to Steve at Staffs Slot Cars UK for the pictures and information.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Just in from Staffs Slot Cars UK are these photos of the latest batch of Staffs Slot Cars wheels...

These will be with UK retailers - including Pendles and MRE - by the end of next week.

Thanks to Steve for sending us the pics.
[+] 4 members Like woodcote's post

These look great, I have several of the earlier releases which are fantastic. What we need though is a nice 4 spoke wheel, nobody seems to make one since Cox made one for a 5/40 threaded axle.

Looking good, could use some "air hub" versions of these too Staffs :)

Air hubs you say?

These are the latest offering from Staffs Slot Cars UK. They are four-spoke alloy hubs, 15.8 x 8.5mm and come in these six shades...

Also just released is the 5-spoke wheel (15.8 x 8.5mm) in grey...

The full range of Staffs hubs are stocked in the UK by MRE and Pendle Slot Racing. Expect to pay around £8 for a pair of hubs and M2 grub screws.

Thanks to Steve at Staffs Slot Cars UK for the info and pictures.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

Not my cup of tea the 4 spokes, but good to see something different.
I do like the new "grey" colour, looks better than bare aluminium.
Some air hub of their "BBS" style in both sizes would be good, as would some 6 spoke designs.

Actually If anyone at Staffs is reading, some nice true scale 18" and 19" wheels would be good. (given staffs current tyre ridge sizing this would equate to 17.7mm and 18.5mm respectively).

Sorry, but I thought I would air a wish list  Rofl
[+] 2 members Like Savage GT's post

My wish would be to change those damned grub screws to a sensible size Tappingfoot

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post