Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Slot.It Group C round six - Norwich

The popular Slot.It cars provided some fine racing this evening, particularly in the B final. Jim returned from his holidays in Scotland to set a time in the heats just one thousandth outside his own lap record and Stuart distinguished himself by losing two heats while leading with a mistake on the last lap. 

In the D final Kate was up against Mark Riches and despite setting her fastest lap of the night Mark managed to win. 

In practice his car had been smoking and giving off burning smells. I had seen people do it before and suggested he run it backwards for a minute or so and (much to my own surprise) it worked and the car ran perfectly for the rest of the evening. Why does that method work I wonder?

In the C final Mark Grieves had a fairly easy win from Andy, Mark Riches and Ralph whose car body fell off. 

The B was a cracking race with at least three cars covered by a few inches. A mistake by Paul left Peter and Keith fighting for the win which Peter got by a head. 

Jim stormed away in the lead of the A final while Peter and Stuart fought for second. I was a miserable last. Peter is becoming Stuart's nemesis and despite setting the fastest lap of the pair he had to settle for third. 

Next week it's the club cars....

Jim         25

Peter      23

Stuart     21

Ken        20

Keith       19

Paul        18

MarkG     17

AndyT       16

MarkR        15

Ralph          14

Kate            13