Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Info 3d Printed Chassis & Bodies

I see you use PLA, there's no getting away from the ease that PLA prints, there may be better materials but they usually have issues.

I'll have to check your list and buy a chassis and G-pod for something suitable.

I've not tried TPU yet, the Prusa should be capable, wings are the obvious use for it.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers

To go with the MK1 (orange F3) now have a MK2 version as below. (See previous post on page 7).

The MK2 has the same chassis with the exception that the front wheels due to the lowered front are on BRM stub axles. 

Cheers
            JMay.
[+] 4 members Like JMay's post

More dabbling with the 1/24 F3 car has evolved into the MK4, where I have removed part of the rear body work to add engine and gearbox detail. Chassis is similar to the MK2 chassis for IL boxer in a 3 point pod. This is work in progress finalising body fit and chassis function.

Cheers 
             JMay.
[+] 3 members Like JMay's post

Some new guides to go with the VIP & MRRC guides.

These fit the modern Scalex cars as shown here fitted to a Honda Civic.

Guides have the centralising boss to locate into the chassis correctly, will take standard braid from a roll and available in either plastic or wood track versions (wood track is blade is thicker, deeper and slightly longer). Guide sits under flush similar to Slot IT NSR etc. 

Cheers
             JMay.
[+] 5 members Like JMay's post

They look like they're printed in nylon.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers

Nope not nylon, 

Carbon fibre PLA or I can do them in PETG.

Cheers
             JMay
[+] 2 members Like JMay's post

A direct fit to replace standard Scaley Guides ? Excellent  Thumbup
What dimensions for the the wood guide's flag and what price do you intend to sell these at please ?

Savage GT,

Scalex Wood guide blades are 22mm long, 1.8mm thick and 8mm depth from the underside of the braid face and a pound each. IM either here on SlotRacer or over on the FB messenger.

Cheers
            JMay.
[+] 2 members Like JMay's post

Australian V8 Wings.

And the VE wing fitted to the car.

Available in rigid and some options for flexible, IM on FB or SlotRacer for details. 

Cheers 
          JMay
[+] 3 members Like JMay's post