Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I'm into bodies

(15th-Jan-20, 12:59 PM)Fluff Wrote:  Hi Gordon , will you be able to enter the Ferrari at Bordo as it never raced in a Grand Prix ?

Steve
I did mention that in the thread over at SFI but no comment was forthcoming. I may well ask again but it's a bit late now anyway Bigsmile

One advantage of the Ferrari is that a Dynamic sidewinder frame will fit whereas the other two are inline.

Nice work so far Gordon. Thumbup

Quick splash of red paint to see progress. Not too bad. Just a few details to add and then proper paint.

All the other detail work can be added after painting.
[+] 1 member Likes Gordon Steadman's post

Very nice Gordon .

Steve

Gordon - as I havent seen anything on Bordo this year - what is the end year for the cars - usually 1972 - and the Spazzaneve was 73?

Not that rules are ever applied that hard at Bordo :)

Really nice car - as you know I have penchant for cars red!!

(17th-Jan-20, 12:29 PM)abie321 Wrote:  Gordon - as I havent seen anything on Bordo this year - what is the end year for the cars - usually 1972 - and the Spazzaneve was 73?

Not that rules are ever applied that hard at Bordo :)

Really nice car - as you know I have penchant for cars red!!

1972 as usual. The Spazzaneve ran in 72 but never actually raced. I confirmed with Don that it was eligible but, as you say, they do tend to be a bit flexible Bigsmile  I've done the wheelbase the same as the Tyrrell so if anyone objects (I wonder who would!!) I can just swap bodies if it's the quicker chassis.

Doing open wheelers is a whole new thing for me. Quite enjoying it but all the detailing around the rear and the exposed springs and stuff will be a pain.

Are you going to do it this year? It would be good to see you there.

I wasnt going to but Gerald has invited us to his birthday, and as Bordo has been delayed into July, probably will be there.

Fortunately I have some really nice cars already prepared....

I am doing Torino this year and they are also doing F1 cars - so 2 birds with one stone  Sun

Excellent.

Possibly see you there then.

A bit more done to the Ferrari.