Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Carrera Limited Edition cars

Carrera's UK distributor The Hobby Company Limited have let us know of two new Limited Edition DTM cars due this autumn...

Carrera Digital132 CA30904 BMW M4 DTM Zanardi - 1,999 pieces worldwide

After a near-fatal accident in a CART race at Lausitzring in 2001 and the amputation of both his legs, it looked like Alex Zanardi's motor racing career was over. However, nothing could stop the inspirational Italian from getting back onto the track and he competed in the European Touring Car Championship from 2004 to 2009. He followed that up with a highly successful handcycling career, which included four gold and two silver medals at the 2012 and 2016 Paralympic Games.

In 2018, aged 51, Zinardi made a one-off appearance at the DTM race at Misano driving the #12 BMW M4 DTM modelled here by Carrera. Qualifying in last place in both races, he finished Race One in 12th place of 13 finishers. In Race Two, he worked his way through changeable weather conditions to finish an emotional fifth. In-race radio communication is banned in the DTM unless the car is in the pitlane, so when Zanardi was told of his result after the chequered flag he could not believe it... "This is the best joke of the weekend," he said. "Come on, you're kidding me! I am an old man, you cannot tease me this way."

After performing the donuts he made famous during his championship-winning CART years, Zanardi added: "Fifth place is the payoff for the whole weekend. I am very happy with this result and at my age, I won't get too many more opportunities to celebrate racing successes like this. Seriously, I am very grateful to have been given this opportunity by BMW. They always believed that I could do it. This trust is a great gift - and I am happy that I was able to vindicate that. Many thanks to the DTM family too, for welcoming me with open arms. I will always have a place in my heart for this weekend. It has taken me 51 years to experience it - but at least I got that chance."

The Carrera model is beautiful 1/32 representation of Zanardi's M4 DTM, complete with the 5th place position indicator to commemorate his excellent result. The car comes with working front and rear lights and is chipped for use on the Carrera Digital132 system. All Digital132 cars can also be used on analogue Carrera Evolution layouts.

This model is available now from most UK Carrera retailers, RRP is £89.99.

Carrera Digital124 CA23887 Mercedes AMG C63 Time Twist - 999 pieces worldwide

Franz Klammer dominated downhill ski-ing in the mid-1970s - winning 25 world championship events and a gold medal at the 1976 Winter Olympics in Innsbruck. After retiring from ski-ing in 1985, the Austrian took up motor racing, driving in the DTM first with an Alfa Romeo and then two years with a Commodore and Lui sponsored privateer Mercedes 190 E.

The Carrera Time Twist Limited Edition presents a fabulous livery on the latest Mercedes C63 DTM car - paying homage to another great Olympian and over 30 years of Mercedes involvement in DTM. The car includes a digital chip and working front and rear lights. Up to four Carrera Digital124 cars can run on a Digital124 layout or as analogue cars with an Exclusiv powerbase and power supply.

The model is due to arrive in the UK in October and will retail at £109.99.

Many thanks to The Hobby Company Ltd for sharing the details of these new 2019 Carrera Limited Edition cars.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

Excellent, two very classy releases from Carrera !

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 1 member Likes Scuderia_Turini's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by woodcote
2nd-Jun-19, 11:16 AM
Last Post by abie321
28th-May-19, 07:24 PM