Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Power supply for Scalextric digital track

I bought a Scalextric digital track around ten years ago in preparation for my retirement. I now find that the 15 volt. 4 amp transformer is no longer available( can’t even find one on e-bay) does anyone have a suggestion as far as a power 
supply? I have seen adjustable power supplies on Amazon but don’t know if they woul work or how I would connect them to the digital control unit at the track. Appreciate any help.

15v transformers for Toshiba laptops work.

Make sure it’s the 15v one and not the 19v version.

The 15v has the correct plug and is rated at 5A which is fine.

Doesn’t have to be Toshiba branded - any compatible power supply will do and you should be able to get one with a UK plug for about £7-£8.

This works for the 4 car power base and the C7042 advanced power base.  Not sure about the older C7030 power base.

[i]Slot cars are not life and death.  They are so much more than that[/i]  Cool
[+] 3 members Like Mr Modifier's post

Hi and WELCOME to the Forum ......   Thumbup

It might be worth giving Pendleslot Racing a bell ....... they were looking at stocking some.

I've just grabbed one of my Toshiba-clone 15V 5A power supplies and the model number is PA3469U1ACA. Pop that into a search (eg on eBay) and it should come up with something like "Laptop Adapter Charger for TOSHIBA".

I have successfully used my two Toshiba-clone power supplies with both the C7042 Advanced Powerbase (APB) and ARC Pro. It should also work fine for the 4-car powerbase and as an upgrade on the analogue ARC Air powerbase. I checked the SlotRacer Online Library for the original 2006 Scalextric digital catalogue and the C7030 6-car powerbase had a different 12V 2.5A power supply (C7004 - listed as 30VA). I don't know of an equivalent for that one, but I did find a new Scalextric C7004 for sale on Amazon.

Although currently out of stock on the Scalextric website, there are plenty of the newer power supplies available - the UK code is Scalextric C7024 or Hornby P9300. Try Jadlams in the UK, plus there are some on eBay. In North America the code is C7033, Australia C7038 and Europe C7032.

If you are going for the Toshiba-clones, I've read that it is sensible not to mix them with the Scalextric models on the APB or ARC Pro - which both have two sockets. Either use 2 x Toshibas or 2 x Scalextric. With the 4-car powerbase, there is only one socket, so that's not an issue.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

(25th-Sep-19, 12:11 PM)Rwmat Wrote:  I bought a Scalextric digital track around ten years ago in preparation for my retirement. I now find that the 15 volt. 4 amp transformer is no longer available( can’t even find one on e-bay) does anyone have a suggestion as far as a power 
supply? I have seen adjustable power supplies on Amazon but don’t know if they woul work or how I would connect them to the digital control unit at the track. Appreciate any help.

Wow! Thank you for all of the input. I should have mentioned that this for the U.S.
All of the suggestions are great and I’ll start checking these out. Again, thank for the great answers to my question.
[+] 1 member Likes Rwmat's post

Thanks Andy/Woodcote,
Have just received a unit for my new Arc Air kit. Gives about0.5v more than the standard power pack. Not tried measuring the current but a lot more available and better regulation.  The connector fits perfectly but not on my Ninco powerbase (just tried it out of general interest).

Ebay UK item including cable and shipping £8.50   Thumbup
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PA3469U-1ACA-...1152102492

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 1 member Likes Scuderia_Turini's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post