Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

No backbone

Whilst doing our regular shop in the local supermarket, we were confronted with a large pile of jeans. I get through working trousers at a frightening rate so it seemed a good idea to have a look.

Got two pairs. They cost 7,90€ each (£7.00 today). The denim seems OK and they are well put together, even have a length of leg that means I don't have to buy them with a 55 inch waist! Made in Bangladesh, transported half way round the world with all the expenses and damage to the environment that entails and they cost 7,90€. This is insane.

What really grinds my gears is my own moral bankruptcy and happiness to break my own sense of what's right and wrong to buy the damned things Tappingfoot
[+] 2 members Like Gordon Steadman's post

That's always a difficult balancing act. But the instinctive pleasure of grabbing a bargain is difficult to resist for all of us, I'm sure.

You know I hate what happens to animals when going to slaughter - but truth is I honestly cannot afford the more expensive meat.

We have cut back - but like you - I do get annoyed with my lack of moral fibre to do more....

(10th-Sep-19, 10:53 AM)abie321 Wrote:  You know I hate what happens to animals when going to slaughter - but truth is I honestly cannot afford the more expensive meat.

We have cut back - but like you - I do get annoyed with my lack of moral fibre to do more....

Eating meat is another one of course. We have raised our own animals here ever since we moved in. I hate it but if someone is going to kill them to eat, I reckon it should be me.

Just once, we took some geese to the local abattoire and the guys who took them in were so rough with them and treated them like inanimate objects that we bought them straight back home and did it ourselves. 

Not much we can do about the bigger animals but we do try our best to treat our animals well
[+] 3 members Like Gordon Steadman's post

When someone asks me for my recommendation for computer hardware or for help that takes considerable time to research said hardware then they buy some POS from Harvey Norman because of the 'free' software package/s included, yet Harvey Norman sales person sold them the cheapest, nastiest POS computer. Something goes wrong they run to me to fix it.

If you are not going to consider and completely ignore Tappingfoot my recommendation/suggestion then don't ask

(11th-Sep-19, 12:23 PM)Johnno Wrote:  When someone asks me for my recommendation for computer hardware or for help that takes considerable time to research said hardware then they buy some POS from Harvey Norman because of the 'free' software package/s included, yet Harvey Norman sales person sold them the cheapest, nastiest POS computer. Something goes wrong they run to me to fix it.

If you are not going to consider and completely ignore Tappingfoot my recommendation/suggestion then don't ask
Unless I'm cracking up further, I assume this post was for a different thread  Bigsmile

No Gordon - you are permanently cracked up!!!!

Wavegreen Wavegreen Wavegreen

(11th-Sep-19, 03:04 PM)abie321 Wrote:  No Gordon - you are permanently cracked up!!!!

Wavegreen Wavegreen Wavegreen
Many thanks Anthony Punch