Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Track and building Lighting

Thanks Leo , will try that Sunday ,if it kills it I'll get some from the link  Yes

Steve

eBay has very inexpensive pre-wired LEDs in various colours (go warm white for vintage look or bright site for modern track lighting).

They are pre-wired for 12v and come in 3mm and 5mm diameter.  Just make sure the wires are long enough to pass down your lighting pole.

Wired in parallel they can be connected to a power bus under your track board and the low current draw means you can run 20-30 off a cheap 1A 12v power supply.

[i]Slot cars are not life and death.  They are so much more than that[/i]  Cool
[+] 1 member Likes Mr Modifier's post

Just wired up the led strip to the  5 volt transformer and they work  Wrench
 Cheers mr Modifier , I did run copper tape under my railway and ran all the lights from that , can now do the same with copper tape under the track , should be tidier than loads of wires !!

Steve
[+] 1 member Likes Fluff's post

Would like to put some lighting around my wood track for some night time racing. There would have to be a substantial amount I guess, my thinking is something along the lines of the F1 night racing under full lights

Here's ones I've made...

And here they are installed on the track...
[+] 2 members Like DPJ's post

Well done DPJ,

What did you make the black lamp housing from?

rallyhub Thumbup

(27th-May-21, 07:49 AM)rallyhub Wrote:  Well done DPJ,

What did you make the black lamp housing from?

rallyhub Thumbup

Thanks!
PLA - 3D printed. I sanded them a little and primed them before installing them on the track.
[+] 1 member Likes DPJ's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by JasonB
24th-Mar-24, 09:32 PM