Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Asking for Help

(5th-Sep-19, 02:56 PM)JasonB Wrote:  I think I've just been told to shut up by someone whose questions I answered. 

Well that's a new one on me. Rofl

Thats me  Rofl But wasnt meant in any harms way at all, so sorry for that !!

All was said with a smile, but can ofc be hard to see online!
[+] 1 member Likes A62213's post

Good, I was hoping I'd misunderstood. Thumbup

I admit to being one to forget to say a thanks for the help I ask for at times, I do try to do this first within a reply or within the request for help such as TIA (Thanks In Advance) and I do subscribe to the thread that I asked a question within as a reference for myself to the question.

Some people this is just an oversight and not meant in a bad way, others though are as mentioned here by other posts. I simply ignore posts, threads, haters, people. Don't have the time nor patience to deal with this garbage no more.

As a supposedly civilised race and society, we humans are neither of these, sad to say. What we do and say to each other today is not seen in cows, birds or other species. Oh well hopefully we wake up fast before we become the extinct species of Earth.

(9th-Sep-19, 09:52 PM)Johnno Wrote:  I admit to being one to forget to say a thanks for the help I ask for at times, I do try to do this first within a reply or within the request for help such as TIA (Thanks In Advance) and I do subscribe to the thread that I asked a question within as a reference for myself to the question.

Some people this is just an oversight and not meant in a bad way, others though are as mentioned here by other posts. I simply ignore posts, threads, haters, people. Don't have the time nor patience to deal with this garbage no more.

As a supposedly civilised race and society, we humans are neither of these, sad to say. What we do and say to each other today is not seen in cows, birds or other species. Oh well hopefully we wake up fast before we become the extinct species of Earth.
None of us is perfect.

It seems that too many people are driven purely by greed and acquisition. Sadly, that seems to make up nearly all of those that, for some strange reason, we allow to guide our affairs. This means that we are doomed I reckon. Extinction lurks.

I will be extinct long before things get too bad but I hate to think how bad it's going to get.

Anyway...  all peeps need to do to acknowledge a posting is to click "Like". If they cannot be bothered to do that, I find it easy to add them to my ignore list.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com

Maybe some of us old gits are not over keen on the use of the 'like' button as it reminds us of Facebook. However, some adjustment to the modern world is occasionally a good idea.

I did add someone to an ignore list once but soon removed them as the blank space where their comments were proved too fascinating to ignore. I even found that, in spite of the fact that I found them annoying, they did actually sometimes have something interesting and indeed, useful to say.

PS. Also, as their comments were often quoted by others, they were pretty had to ignore anyway Bigsmile