Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hello, fellow enthusiastic slotters!!!
Wink 

I'm Tom from Belgium, Lier.

I can say a whole lot in this introduction but I will keep it short for now.
You will have to find out yourself!

The things I can say to keep it short;

I've been into slotcar racing for about 12years in total, had a small 15 year break after our female species got my attention at some point!!!

I'm into building modelcars, that also can actually race aswell and are not just shelfqueens.
A good friend of mine has his own little 3DP Slotcar thingie going on, called SVworkz or something!
Which provides me the best oppertunity to build unique (at the moment) and pre-production cars,
and to be a part of the production process from A to Z aswell.

I'm not a clubracer at the moment anymore, as i'm more into the digital part of slotracing (Slotit - Oxygen)
and their are not much to none digital tracks in Belgium, but that could change in the near future.
But I like to participate in the DiSCA events as much as possible, with some succes if I may say so myself.

That's it for now, thank you for reading.

Kind Regards Tom
[+] 4 members Like Tom Van Leekwyck's post

Welcome to the forum Tom!

It’s great to have more digital racers join us here Thumbup

Welcome Tom. Wavegreen

Hello Tom great to have you here!!

Although I have been racing for 55 odd years - I am an absolute noobie at digital. Keep us updated and if a digital track opens reasonably close to Overijse - I will come along for a visit and see if the digital bug can bite :)

Slot Racing Lille Métropole have started doing some oXigen racing recently. The club sits right on the Belgian border, although that is a fair journey for you both! I visit Lille a few times a year and hope to co-incide with an oXigen event there sometime.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

(29th-Jun-19, 08:51 AM)abie321 Wrote:  Hello Tom great to have you here!!

Although I have been racing for 55 odd years - I am an absolute noobie at digital. Keep us updated and if a digital track opens reasonably close to Overijse - I will come along for a visit and see if the digital bug can bite :)

We hope to start something small at first,  in the near vicinity of Lier.
It won't be like a club, which you can attend every week.

But if you really want to get a good feel on what digital racing is all about,
you could come over to SRC Eindhoven (Best, NL), it has the beautifulll Suzuka circuit.
The track is a 6 lanes Ninco, which can be switch between Analog and Digital (Slotit - Oxygen).
We will be there today, to do some testing towards the DiSCA Rockingham (UK) GT3 & WEC event at the end of July.

We try once every 4 weeks, to host a digital training day, mostly on Sundays during daytime from about 12.00 to 18.00

Allways welcome, we have spare controllers and cars, and tons of experience to get you started.

Kind Regards Tom
[+] 1 member Likes Tom Van Leekwyck's post

Sadly - too late for today - but am happy to make the trip up for next time......  let me know date and time etc - much appreciated.

With a thread title like that, how can I resist the reply.

Welcome Tom -  Good luck for the future development.

hello welcome to the forum I am also new here, well i am a truck towing driver at ritewaytowingnyc, but i love the slot cars too much, I have trucks in slot vehicles, and many more thinks like trailers, etc.

Welcome Martin - put some of your trucks up on the forum - would love to see them!!