Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1/43 289-Cobra

I bought over forty 1/25 static kits a year ago (to resell). The nice gentleman was retiring from model building due to health reasons. He kept trying to sell me one 1/43 static kit. He wanted a lot of money for it at first unlike the 1/25 kits. I just laughed and told him to keep the little kit. The slot car world operates on 1/32 and HO for the most part. I'm not interested.

He eventually wore me down by considerably lowering the price. I can't refuse a good deal, so I bought it... to resell of course.

Then I opened up the box. Oh my... this tiny thing is a jewel with photo etched parts, etc. Uh oh... Is a slot car possible from such a small kit? We'll find out soon enough.

The parts.

A chassis was mapped out and machined. The tires were glued and trued. They started out at 21mm, and ended up at 15.75mm to match the static kit.

Mock-up assembly.

More to follow as I figure out this little challenge. Thank you very kindly for looking.
Ken
[+] 9 members Like KensRedZed's post

Ken, That was a great find and size does not matter. I am currently building a D Type Jaguar in 1/52 scale using a Wrenn 152 Cooper chassis.

[+] 3 members Like Mazda's post

Thank you very kindly, Clive.

Your Jag is off to a great start too!

Thats going to be a beauty Ken, I love your chassis work
[+] 1 member Likes Tibbs's post

Tony,

I humbly thank you. You are a master machinist. I am but a grasshopper. Your scratch-builds are off the charts, brother.  Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post

(8th-Apr-24, 07:09 PM)KensRedZed Wrote:  Tony,

I humbly thank you. You are a master machinist. I am but a grasshopper. Your scratch-builds are off the charts, brother.  Thumbup

Too kind my friend, I need to crack on with my Fiat as my build list is getting larger. Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes Tibbs's post

(9th-Apr-24, 09:24 PM)Tibbs Wrote:  
(8th-Apr-24, 07:09 PM)KensRedZed Wrote:  Tony,

Too kind my friend, I need to crack on with my Fiat as my build list is getting larger. Thumbup

I thought that was the norm? Buy 5 static bodies, make one car. Buy another 3 kits, make another car. Buy 4 more kits and make one more car. That's how I acquired my unbuilt collection of way too many car kits.  Rofl

That's the curse of being a scratch builder. Everything you see can become a slot car.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by KensRedZed
30th-Sep-20, 01:47 PM