Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Value of routed track ?

Sorry Mods if this isn't the right place to post this, but I could not decide where was !

Due to a change of direction on my hobbies, I am hoping to sell my routed track if I can, and wondered what sort of realistic price should I ask for ?
The track in question is Roughwood and the build is documented here: Roughwood (slotracer.online)

If anyone has an idea, please let me know   Bigsmile
[+] 3 members Like Savage GT's post

A good looking track Thumbup 
...would it fit in the back of a Yaris Bigsmile Bigsmile

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

You might need a Yaris pickup so it can hang off the back a wee bit.  Thumbup

[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post

Yep you'll need something a bit longer, it breaks down to 2x 8x4ft boards and a 2.5x4ft one  Rofl

That's the potential problem with valuing the track...a local buyer might pay more than someone having to transport it further.

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

great looking track Savage , well done 
very similar to my current SS layout in size and design 
i have no idea of a price suggestion 
and i am on the fence with regards to purchasing someone else's idea or whether to create my own routed layout in the summer 
along with a small routed rally section type track 
good luck with the sale 
but would love a ball park figure ( just incase )

Kev

haha, yes, that's the thing, I literally have no idea what to price it at, but I have been PM-ed some info that gives me some food for thought. When I have decided a price I will list it on a here and SFI and go from there, If I cant find a buyer then I will recycle it for railway build 2, but it would be nice to see it live on elsewhere.
[+] 1 member Likes Savage GT's post

Tough question to answer. I don't suppose there there is a single answer.

If you found somebody local with just the right space to fit it in, then it would be worth a lot more to them than if the potential buyer was hundreds of miles away and had to perform significant butchery to make it work in their space.

Even though your track is really nice, I suspect you'd probably have to compare the price you might expect to pay for a similar track made with second hand Scalextric track.

That probably sounds harsh, for which I apologise, but unless you can find somebody who really appreciates a routed track, has the right space for it, doesn't live too far away, and doesn't have the skill, patience, or tools to make their own routed track, then your potential market might just be people who are thinking of buying sectional track.

But what do I know?
[+] 1 member Likes JasonB's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DPJ
28th-May-21, 04:36 AM