Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GT Sports Cars Slotting - Official Results & Reports

I've been busy with the Isle of Man round of Slot Rally GB to properly keep up to date on this.

Thanks for the videos Kev.

That's a nice fast smooth track you have there, it's always good to see other proxy entrants joining in with youtube coverage.  Thumbup

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers

Wavegreen  I am informed that the Round 5 at Lumb Valley Carrera Raceway will take place tomorrow.
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post

Wavegreen Good evening,

I have received the results from the Lumb Valley Carrera Raceway Round 5

Many thanks to Mark & the guest driver Paul Cash
[+] 3 members Like Graham's post

The SCOREBOARD has been updated
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post

Wow, half way already...

[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

Wavegreen Good Morning,

Yes as Kevan said we have reached the halfway stage already, and in spite of the fact that I intentionally have paced the Rounds over 2 week intervals this time in order to allow some respite between them, and it gives me a little less stress with the organising side. I am thinking with the next one perhaps I will adopt the US Proxy style of arranging the Rounds as an ongoing flexible arrangement rather than a fixed dated schedule, but will decide nearer the date.

And so onto the Round Review.

Pitlane Review (Rounds 1-5)
It was great to see how my (RoadRunners) cars would run on another Carrera track, and it appears it did benefit both the cars in this Round.
Also having a good round was the cars from Team ModSport, I sense there was disappointment in the Bangers Racing camp when the Ferrari underperformed but the Honda seemed to run as good as usual. A stunning performance with the Marcos of Scott Sports, even with the time penalty still maintained their position on the Round at the top of the Podium, and additionally maintained the overall fastest time of the Round. In general though I thought most teams had mixed fortunes with their cars.
Many thanks again to Mark & Paul Cash for running the Round as a new and perhaps regular venue for our Proxies.

Sports Cars (Group 5)
1st Place - Le Manx/BMW M1 (81pts)
2nd Place - Bangers Racing/ Ferrari 512BB (78pts)
3rd Place - RoadRunners / De Tomaso (48pts)
LeManx regains the lead with the BMW M1 over Bangers Racing which found the Carrera track abit of a handful. However as seen last Round, fortunes can change quickly and previously where the RoadRunners De Tomaso was giving flying lessons on the Goldrock Scalex track, on this Carrera track certainly seemed to exceed expectations and regains 3rd place overall.

InterSeries
1st Place - RoadRunners / Ford GT40 (83pts)
2nd Place - ALS Racing / Ferrari 412P (76pts)
3rd Place - LeManx / Porsche 917K (61pts)
Again a good run for RoadRunners Ford GT40 just extending the lead over the Ferrari of ALS Racing... but they are both neck and neck. 
Le Manx Porsche 917K keeping in contact with the leading cars, no doubt waiting for a better opportunity on the faster tracks.

Global GT
1st Place - ModSport / Ferrari 550 (78pts)
2nd Place - Bangers Racing / Honda NSX (65pts)
3rd Place - Harrisons Racers / Toyota Supra (57pts)
A great run for the Ferrari of ModSports maintains the advantage. But an outstanding run for Scott Sports Marcos in Round 5 now puts them up there with the leading 3 cars with 52pts. So all will depend on how the little Marcos gets on with the less favourable tracks, but is definitely on a charge.

British GT Sports Cars
1st Place - Brumos /Ferrari 458 (90pts)
2nd Place - Green Star Racing / Porsche 911 (85pts)
3rd Place - ModSports / DB9 (42pts)
This last Round it was to the advantage of Brumos  Ferrari, but the 1st 2 cars are alternating between rounds for the leading position....so far.
ModSports DB9 also had a great Round moving up into 3rd position ahead of Sir Courtney's AMG for the first time.

Construction Class A cars
1st Place - ModSports / Aston Martin DB9 (82pts)
2nd Place - Team Cube / Ferrari 355 (61pts)
3rd Place - Ruscillo Racing / Merc CLK (60pts)
ModSports AM DB9 maintains the lead after a good Round, great to see Team Cube finally with a car in the top 3 !

Construction Class B Cars
1st Place - ModSports / Ferrari 550 (78pts)
2nd Place - Bangers racing / Honda NSX (62pts)
3rd Place - Harrisons Racers / Toyota Supra (56pts)

Construction Class C Cars
1st Place - Brumos / Ferrari 458 (77pts)
2nd Place - Green Star Racing /. Porsche 911 (76pts)
3rd Place - Le Manx / BMW M1 (52pts)
Brumos Ferrari for the first time just leading the C Class.

Teams
1st Place - ModSports (280pts)
2nd Place - Bangers Racing (243pts)
3rd Place - Le Manx (219pts)
Going to be a tough fight in the 2nd half between these 3 Teams.

Fastest Laps (Round 5)

Sponsors
Pendle Slot Racing www.pendleslotracing.co.uk
George Turner Models www.georgeturnermodels.com
Truspeed Controllers www.truspeed.co.uk
Amato Slot Car Design

Kev's Proslot Ferrari 355 was a shockingly pleasant surprise when we drove it, an excellent car  Thumbup Thumbup

(1st-May-24, 09:42 AM)Kevan Wrote:  Kev's Proslot Ferrari 355 was a shockingly pleasant surprise when we drove it, an excellent car  Thumbup Thumbup

unfortunately to my dismay when comparing my Ferrari to 99% of the other cars in this proxy during my round  , i became very obvious how under powered it is  Tappingfoot
whether it is gearing or the Proslot motor  is a question ... but i will experiment when it returns 
on these last 2 smaller tracks , it can maybe just hold its own , but on the larger club tracks i doesn't stand a chance 
so a top 3 in any category is a mega plus  Thumbup

Kev
[+] 3 members Like OXO cube's post

Yes I'd agree, underpowered or undergeared.  The Proslot motors are very 'soft', a Shark 21.5 or a Predator 22 would provide the extra horses it really needs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
16th-Jun-24, 06:47 PM
Last Post by Kevan
11th-Mar-24, 08:15 PM
Last Post by Kevan
4th-Mar-24, 08:56 PM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Dec-23, 12:44 PM