Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DS 106 gantry?

Hello,

I really hope somebody can help me. 

I'm only moments away from buying a DS-200 and DS-106 gantry. I'm not interested in any other system yet.

What I want to know is can I remove one set of sensors from the gantry and position them 'across' the track horizontally so the counter only ever counts the one car?

I have a competition / club rally track, so only ever need to count one car. I don't mind if I have to bundle up the second set of sensors and store them in a project box. 

Please help me as I don't want to find the items I'm looking at go out of stock.

Thank you.
Rob.

Have you tried asking the seller?

The Operation Manual for the DS200 does indicate that it has a single lane rally mode, so you would expect it to work fine with only one set of sensors, but I can't be certain.

I have been asking the seller for a few days trying to get a conclusive answer, I've also asked on SlotForum.
As yet, I've not had an answer I'm happy to spend £180 based on.

Apparently DS them selfs do not speak english and their 'help desk' is not very helpful.

Can you not just cover over the redundant sensors so that only one is active?

I love puttering with gears

Here is a bit from the DS200 Manual, which might be relevant. It sounds as though one of the sensors is simply ignored in rally mode.

Quote:Specific race for RALLY-SLOT:
The race is intended for 1 car only. The racer can start
when he wants, indicated with “----“ in the displays. After
the green light is on, when the car crosses the sensor the
clock is activated and timing starts, this allows the correct
running of the car to be checked before the race starts.
LAP TIMING: Lap timing is shown on display 2 each lap.
RACE TIMING: You can always see the race time in display1.
At the end of the race, the seconds elapsed are shown in
display 1 meanwhile the 1/10th, 1/100th and 1/1000th of
a second in display 2.
[+] 1 member Likes JasonB's post

Thank you :-)

I think to be absolutely certain, you'd need an answer from DS themselves, the seller, or someone who has that set up and is willing to test out the rally mode.

But the manual seems to suggest that the two lane sensor is fine...

Quote:CONNECTORS:

SENSOR: Lets you connect the sensors for lane 1 and 2.

If you're not already buying from Pendles, it might be worth contacting them. They have the combo you're looking at, and if they don't know, that probably only leaves someone who has exactly that set up.

I have been talking to Pendle about these products, that is where I'll be buying them. They didn't give me the answer I was happy with. I think I'm just gong to have to buy them and see what happens !

DS-200 bought, email sent to PC Lap Counting in France for a sensor.
Hoping for a positive reply.

Well the DS-200 came today as well as a 6 lane gantry I got from a private sale. 
The Guy in France never did get back to me. 
So I will now chop up the 6 lane and attempt to get one pair of sensors working (but only using one) with the DS-200 and learn how to set it up.
[+] 2 members Like RobBush's post