Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

GT Sports Cars Slotting

That's it Graham, rub it in!

All I will say is that my Mclaren has more track clearance than those in that picture!

I love puttering with gears

(14th-Feb-24, 12:35 PM)BARacer Wrote:  That's it Graham, rub it in!

All I will say is that my Mclaren has more track clearance than those in that picture!

But they didn't have the benefit of the magnetic downforce attraction motors, if they had for certain would have been banned by the FIA   Bigsmile
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post

Tarmac isn't magnetic though  Rofl

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
I would ask any entrants who have not posted their cars, to just take time to check the critical dimensions again please (ie rear wheel/axle width, rear tyre width and track clearance). Two more cars have been put aside as they don't meet the requirements, and the entrants have opted to replace them with alternatives which hopefully will make it in time.

6 pack in the post tomorrow in a specially built box...

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 3 members Like Kevan's post

Wavegreen Good evening,
after an eventful weekend racing at the Rockingham Policar Classic F1 National, it was back to work on the proxy today.

Entrant Update

There has been a couple of late changes of cars due to issues....
Brumos RSR - Mclaren 720 GT3  is now been transformed to a Ferrari 458 GT3
ALS - Lola T70 is now transformed into a Ferrari 412P
BARacer- Mclaren GTR will have its rear tyres trimmed (permission of team), and although the motor height is infringement of the rules, the rest of the chassis is 1.5mm from the track. The interior has not been decorated. So I have decided to allow the car to enter the proxy but the car is under investigation and will be subject to some form of penalties to be decided after qualifying session next weekend.
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post

Thank you Graham...

The motor is just a Flat 6 in a Slot.it pod, nothing special, but I didn't spot it wasn't flush on the underside, apologies. And as for the driver, she likes black overalls and Molesey allow that.

Hopefully it will be competitive, but I don't believe it is anything out of the ordinary!

I love puttering with gears

(7 hours ago)BARacer Wrote:  Thank you Graham...

The motor is just a Flat 6 in a Slot.it pod, nothing special, but I didn't spot it wasn't flush on the underside, apologies. And as for the driver, she likes black overalls and Molesey allow that.

Hopefully it will be competitive, but I don't believe it is anything out of the ordinary!

There will have to some form of penalty as otherwise it would be unfair on the others, I accept that in this case the colour of the interior perfectly matches the car exterior, but again you can't have the rule and then not apply it. Basically it is there to stop the common practise when you get entrants just using plain white or black interiors into cars regardless of what the model looks like outside. I don't ask for much but I think there is an obligation for entrants who replace the original interiors with lightweight ones to make the effort to make it look realistic.
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
17th-Feb-24, 06:16 PM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Dec-23, 12:44 PM
Last Post by Graham
2nd-Nov-23, 09:57 AM
Last Post by Graham
27th-May-23, 04:46 PM