Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3mm gear

Can anyone suggest where I can get 3mm gear to fit Scalextric sport axle ?  Or does someone have one they would part with, 27t, ta

Pendle have a sale on a set of 5 sidewinder scaley sports gears

https://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/scale...gears.html

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers

Thanks Kevan but I need inline

Thought as much, none listed I'm afraid  Tappingfoot

Hello Charlie, Plafit made a few Crowns for 3mm axles (same .5 module pitch as most of the modern plastic Crowns found on Slot-it,Scaley, NSR etc.)

I believe that a 28T was their smallest tooth count,.......google Plafit PL8531A.

Sigma "BRM" also has a 3mm Crown in a 30T,...............google Sigma S-027S30..........

Scaleauto also make some 3mm Crowns, but their smallest tooth count is a 32T.

Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 2 members Like chrisguyw's post

An update, I managed to get two sport+ gears, a 27t and a 29, I have used the smaller one for now which is giving the car standard gear set up, now I have a spare gear and axle set up, what pinion should I use to get somewhere near the 9/27 ratio?  I thought maybe a 10/11 tooth pinion ? Or should I try it with a 9 , track is 100 feet with two straits, longest about 12/14 feet ?
Ta

As 9/27 = 3:1

Simple maths to work out the same ratio for 29T...

29/3=9.7 so 10/29 is going to be as close as you'll get which is 2.9:1 (which will give you a little more top speed and slightly less acceleration and brakes)

Thanks Kevan, funny I can sort my sprockets out on my motorcycles easily but struggle with these little monsters.....
[+] 1 member Likes Charlie's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Savage GT
16th-Mar-22, 07:35 AM