Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UK Slot Car Festival 2019 pics

The swapmeet was absolutely heaving first thing on Saturday and the rest of the show was empty for 30-45 minutes - then it was relentlessly busy until 5pm... Almost all the pics I got on Saturday were either before the doors opened or in the final hour. As Brian said, Sunday is traditionally quieter and a lot of people prefer that - I managed to get round the seven-track 'Let's Go Racing' competition in just over an hour. Me and my club mate Mike managed a repeat of last year - fifth and fourth position... No prizes, but great fun.

There were some notably absences - GregK (we missed you!), Gareth from Chase Cars, Olifer 3D chassis and Lloyd (but 1/43 was still well-represented). It was good to see Staffs Slot Cars back with samples and news of the brands they distribute, plus Scalextric, Thunderslot, Slot.it, Policar, SRC, Amato 3D, George Turner, Penelope Pitlane and Professor Motor all had plenty to show off, new products, pre-production samples, prototypes and some interesting snippets of news. Also a very flashy new German modular routed analogue system for 1/32 and 1/24 and the latest evolution of the Magnetic Racing project on a fabulous scenic track. The new Policar track got a big thumbs up from the Policar Grand Prix participants.

I really enjoyed the weekend, sold lots of magazines, chatted to lots of people and was left with the feeling that one extra day would be nice... Congratulations to Julie, Sean, Roger and their team - we are all deeply indebted to their hard work, vision and enthusiasm.

BTW, George Turner had sold 6 of his 10 stunning transporters by lunchtime of Sunday - so if you want one, don't dilly-dally.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

Here’s some more pics I don’t think I’ve already posted...

Glad to see that myself with Adrian Norman came top in the "Rogues Gallery" pictures. Quite an achievement to get there above George Turner - but I bet he will have a good whinge about that !

Very nice pictures in all posts, give a good flavour of the event, which I enjoyed as much as other years. Congrats to all the organisers :)
[+] 3 members Like MRE's post

It's certainly sad not to be at the British Motor Museum this weekend, but nice to look back to a cracking event last year and some nice memories over the past decade.

One of the highlights for me was celebrating the twentieth birthday of Micro Scalextric in 2014 with Micro Scalextric expert Andrew Rose (who brought his full Micro collection), Adrian Norman (still at Hornby back then) and a fabulous team of enthusiasts mucking in to run the HO Zone...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Gpa113
24th-May-23, 03:04 PM
Last Post by Kevan
29th-May-22, 11:07 PM
Last Post by woodcote
26th-May-22, 04:27 PM
Last Post by woodcote
27th-Oct-19, 05:49 PM